Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Retting

Slade3 Level Editing

I'm new to Doom and started using Slade3 as a Map editor due to the fact that I'm using a Linux machine and I'm wondering how i would make a 3D floor and if its even possible I have seen on git hub it was done but I'm not sure how to do it any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well you have to keep in mind that you don't need for the editor's 3D preview mode to display the 3D floor. It's certainly handy (because you can verify that it works, and do minor adjustments, without having to test the level in the game) but it's not necessary. Simply follow the steps for making a 3D floor, then test the level in the game to check.

For a ZDoom/GZDoom 3D floor, you need to use UDMF (or Hexen map format, but I really recommend UDMF). Create a "control sector" outside of the playable level, put action 160:Sector_Set3dFloor on one of the control sector's line, and set the arguments accordingly.
-tag: tag of the sector where the 3D floor must appear
-type: 1 for a solid bridge
-flags: leave it to 0
-alpha: 255 so that you can see it (important, if you leave it to 0 the 3D floor will be invisible!)

Then adjust the ceiling and floor heights of the control sector to be the top and bottom of the 3D floor.

Is their away to check in 3d mode just because its harder to image what it looks like than to already see it in the editor

Okay thanks that kinda stinks but i guess thats the price you gotta pay when you cant run gzdb or db thanks!

Thx for the Reply but I cant get either to run properly under wine it always gives me an windows fatal error dialog box so