Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

Games you wished had one more sequel...?

I'd squeal like an overexcited schoolgirl if there was another Jagged Alliance or a Crusader reboot.

Rayzik said:

Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 in the states)

I ain't the only one either :P

You indeed aren't the only one. I definitely preferred Dark Cloud over Dark Chronicle though. I should go back and finish that 100-floor Demon Shaft (snigger).

I would like a sequel to the Jade Cocoon series of games. I think a Jade Cocoon 3 which has the best aspects of Jade Cocoon 1 and 2 combined would make for a fantastic game. (Moving forward I shall refer to Jade Cocoon as JC)

JC2 had great gameplay but took away the fantastic merging system and replaced it with a lesser impressive alternative. The storyline from 1 to 2 was good but I feel something is heavily missing in between - the main character of JC1, Levant, ends up becoming the creator of this 'institute' and being a core part of the storyline for JC2 - how in the hell did he make this? It's never explained and is probably the cause for the huge difference in the 'feel' of the game from JC1 to JC2.

Aside from that, I guess a Diablo sequel that feels more like Diablo 1 would be great. I enjoyed Diablo 2 but it didn't hook me quite as much as Diablo 1. Diablo 3 was too short, I don't enjoy repeating the same content over and over in hopes of getting one item to make me better at beating the same content over and over.

For me KotOR comes to mind, to this very day I still wish that the third title wasn't canceled. Also a proper sequal to Jedi Outcast unlike Jedi Academy which was more like a spinoff despite still being a good game in it's own right. The Republic Commando sequal which never came to being "Imperial Commando" would've been great too. Rogue Squadron 4 is another.

But now that Disney is enforcing that even the games stick to the canon it's very unlikely any of the games sequals I would want will ever exist, and I honestly don't see why they have to make the games also stick to canon, movie based games don't always work out.

Also a new non-sequal game which I wish wasn't canceled was Star Wars 1313.

Dragonfly said:

I guess a Diablo sequel that feels more like Diablo 1 would be great. I enjoyed Diablo 2 but it didn't hook me quite as much as Diablo 1. Diablo 3 was too short, I don't enjoy repeating the same content over and over in hopes of getting one item to make me better at beating the same content over and over.

Meh, I always found more enjoyment out of Diablo 2 quite honestly, however as for Diablo III I felt that its shortness wasn't its only problem.

Quake, Unreal (in the vein of the first one with a silent protagonist plz), Heretic, and I'm going to echo Dungeon Keeper, and also I'd love to see another American Mcgee's Alice... although it also would be nice to see a directors cut of the last one, since EA games cut funds to it and as a result a lot of assets, mechanics, weapons, and levels were left out of the final product.

ClumsyDoomer said:

STALKER, please

YES - I knew I forgot some good ones.

TheMightyHeracross said:

Heretic, Hexen, and Strife

Isnt Hexen is a sequel to Heretic?

Dungeon Keeper 3 (War for the Overworld is good an all but i would still prefer a new Dungeon Keeper)
Kingpin 2 (One was in the works in 2005 but sadly got cancelled)
Outcast 2 (Ditto except it was around 2002, the screenshots looked sweet as well :()
KOTOR 3
Omikron 2 (With David Bowies death i doubt this underrated gem will ever get the sequel treatment now)

Dragonfly said:

You indeed aren't the only one. I definitely preferred Dark Cloud over Dark Chronicle though. I should go back and finish that 100-floor Demon Shaft (snigger).

I'm only more of a fan of the second one by a small margin, mainly because I like the story more and the change or removal of a couple mechanics that reduced the amount of meta-gaming involved. I secretly hope every E3 that L5 will announce that they've started production, however much of a pipe dream it is.

I'd like a new Lufia game. That's the game that got me into RPGs in the first place.

Infinite Space only had the one game and it needs a sequel.

Metroidvania games are also among my favorites. I'd like a new one.

Shogo: M.A.D, it's the only one I REALLY want a sequel to that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Unreal (single player) would be a great one too, as long as they took inspiration from the first game as well as understanding of what went wrong with the second one (over-ambition, linear gameplay and level design, convoluted story-telling, unnecessary downer ending, etc).

joe-ilya said:

Hide and seek, rope jump, ping pong, etc.

Tennis is the sequel to ping pong :o)

- PO'ed, preferably with proper texture mapping instead of the wonky affine stuff they did in the original. Hell, I'd take a source port or a TC of the original at this point.
- 40K: Space Marine. It was supposed to have had two sequels, but that was before THQ closed.
- Quake 1
- Chakan: The Forever Man
- Prey (for real, not the upcoming Prey-named thing)
- Another Turrican game

Chezza said:

- Crusader (but more of reboot than another installment)

Assuming you mean Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret, I totally agree! I remember playing one on PC, and the other on my Playstation. Totally fun times. The music was awesome as well, and is something I still listen to quite often.

I'll just echo stalker and Prey. Those were some of my most anticipated games and now they're both dead (I don't think I need to clarify that the Arkane's new game is Prey in name only).

Quake 5 as a sequel to Quake 1, might still happen tho dunno.

Run Like Hell 2 (and 3) since it was intended to be a trilogy, but alas Dead Space is a trilogy.

DmC 2, DmC as its own thing was fine and it bugs me that we'll never get a continuation of the new universe.

Shogo 2, Monolith teased this in F.E.A.R. 2 but outside of that nothing.

Heretic/Hexen 3, but Raven is collared and leashed to Activision so.

Blood 3 (of course) but I'd be just fine with a proper source port of the original (make it happen Jace & Co).

Bully 2, the original was pretty cool and a refreshing IP for R*.

The Suffering 3, liked the original a lot and the second one was okay, both underrated action horror games.

Manhunt 3, ditto R* again but considering how niche the original was and how well MH2 fared highly unlikely.