Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Absolute Dishonor - Now on Idgames!

I've completed the wad:

Map 07: Cool map in The Living End style. One of toughest map of the set mainly due to the armor given next the final battle area. The hardest part for me was the double arch-viles in the red key hall: I managed to pass them by wake up one then running in the tunnel with the soulsphere and kill the other from the back while the first was occupied resurrecting demons.
The last encounter with the four teleports (good idea) wasn't particurly hard since you can kill the revenants safe from below; the last horde with the arch-vile posed some trouble tho.
Layout is good aswell as lights/shadows usage.
I found a little bug: one time I runned out of the first teleport in the blood lake and cannot return in the brick path in any way.

Map 08: Big open non-linear map with some very nice architecture (like the structure which contain the blue key) and some nice fights: particularly the cyber/arch-viles ambushes.
This map favors the exploration both for the many secrets (I found 9/11 secrets) and for gameplay since finding the RL and the BFG is very helpful against the big enemies present in this level. Overall a good ending one my favourite map of the set.

I enjoyed playing this wad it's very classic in terms of themes but with very good details and layout and some nasty fights too, good job :)

About the soundtrack I'd use different tracks instead of the classic doom songs because, imo, other musics would make the levels more atmospheric

Fdas for the last 4 maps, I didn't finish a single one though :P
Always recorded on PRBoom+ cl2 but I still played with the V3

-MAP05: it's really long, lots of enemies but it also flows really quickly. I was having lots of fun until I blowed myself up when I mistakenly switched to the rocket launcher instead of the plasma gun

-MAP06: I wanted to finish this but I couldn't get past the hell knights trap in the eastern section, when I heard the imps there I thought they were in the room nearby so I that I didn't have enough space to run away. Really nice map otherwise.

-MAP07: this one was rather interesting. Perhaps could you add some more ammo in the red key room? I almost run out of ammo for killing the arch-viles and I was lucky that they didn't resurrect anything. I agree with Seele00TextOnly that the final fights at the 4 teleports could have some more health. Also I understand that the central pillar give you some additional cover but having to raise it everytime was quite awkward.

-MAP08: Cool map, it reminds me a lot of Requiem. Had some troubles with the cyberdemons in those close spaces.

Overall I really liked the mapset, and it was cool to see how you both went for a more classic vibe but you have very different styles in the visuals and the gameplay.

Thank you guys for all the FDAs and feedback!

So I'm thinking aside from some additional tweaks I may have yet to make to some of my maps, there's not a whole lot left I can think to do for this project unless of course we get some additional playtesters and feedback. If 40oz is about finished then I may as well get get this thing uploaded after I finish looking over my maps again. I may yet update to version 5 before then but until then I figured posting here would be easier for everyone to see where we are with this at the moment.

Just posting here to let you guys know that I've updated the link to version 5 which is the last version we're putting up before going for an Idgames upload. If there's any last minute things to report please do so soon - as we're likely to upload this to Idgames in the coming days.

[edit] Just spotted a sector missing a tag action and fixed it...thank goodness for that.