Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moon Marin

Demons Came to Mars Again - E9XU3FWK

Just finished my newest single player map. It is a fully non-linear map (until the ending), with a basic key hunting progression in UAC modules. Once you have collected 4 separate keys in 4 different areas of the map you can progress to the transition module which takes you to Hell for the final intense fights.

Map ID - E9XU3FWK

Key Features of the Map

- 3 Lives

- Pistol Start

- Featured weapons - Pistol, Combat Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Heavy Assault Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Gauss Cannon, BFG, Chainsaw (full campaign arsenal)

- Multiple secrets, and one super secret that is comprised of four smaller secrets.

- High Enemy Density

- Liberal use of Exploding Objects

- Campaign Style Pickups and Loot Drops

- Checkpoints

- Plenty of Voiceovers for Atmosphere and World Building

- Custom Lighting that helps direct the player and break up the feel of the map.

- Intractable as well as box triggers.

- Teleporters

- Power Ups

Playtested for several hours for balancing and bugs before release, so it should be largely bug-free out of the gate.

Let me know what you think!

Hi!

I'm played your map what is not bad - but a bit bored to me! Was bored to me because the "tons of most heavier demons in same times only come to kill me" gameplay! (Hey Mom - look! I'm a demon-killer-hero)

There is no more any difficult trick or anything else exciting, only those two of the hidden skull switches...

Bug: There is no secret door opening at the steam junction (yellow card area)

ashiaor666 said:

Hi!

I'm played your map what is not bad - but a bit bored to me! Was bored to me because the "tons of most heavier demons in same times only come to kill me" gameplay! (Hey Mom - look! I'm a demon-killer-hero)

There is no more any difficult trick or anything else exciting, only those two of the hidden skull switches...

Bug: There is no secret door opening at the steam junction (yellow card area)

Hi, thanks for playing and providing the feedback. If i'm understanding this correctly, the reasons you didn't like the map are too many high tier demons and that most encounters play relatively the same (i.e. enter room, trigger spawns, kill demons).

If that is true then I agree with your assessment of the map being very similar through most of the engagements. I think I will try harder to break up the gameplay in more varied ways in my next map.

As for comment on high tier enemies, did you feel difficulty is unfair? I know I made the map but I was able to complete the map on my own without dying. There were several rooms I adjusted in difficulty, sometimes multiple times to make the fights feel fair to me. There are lots of enemies but you are well equipped and many enemies have reduced health % so are easier to kill.

let me know exactly what it is about the fights that bother you and I will take it into consideration for changes.