Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Marn

The PSX version of Final Doom puzzles me

Is there any known reason for maps 1-13 being Master Levels conversions? I never gave much thought to this until just now.

Surely it couldn't have been totally arbitrary.

I imagine the complexity of the actual Final Doom caused conversion issues, so they bolstered the lacking amount of levels with the earlier Master Levels product.

On the other hand, all of Aubrey Hodges' work on Final Doom was for the Master Levels tracks, including three tracks for the final three master levels that werent finished by the time the game went gold, so it could also be that it was intended to be Master Levels only at first.

Ragnor said:

so it could also be that it was intended to be Master Levels only at first.

I doubt it to be honest. More likely there were time constraints at work stopping him from doing the actual FD levels. This would be supported by those unfinished tracks, and just the fact that the final product was more lacking than it would really need to be, even if you account for limitations. Some maps (i.e. like half of Plutonia and a few more from TNT) were cut that could've stayed more or less intact and run absolutely fine, PSXLOST demonstrated that pretty well.