Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Voros

is this a MIDI?

If so, can someone provide a DL link if available? Or maybe make it?

Thanks in advance, I love this music.

Definitely sounds like a MIDI to me. If I had the patience, I'd make it for you, but alas, I don't. You should find a download link for it if you google hard enough, though.

I tried looking through Emuparadise's Music section: no luck

I tried extracting the contents from the JAR file: i get files named by all the letters in the alphabet (none can play as audio)

Anyone know how i can extract the game data (gfx,sfx,etc) instead, using an Android.

Voros said:

I tried looking through Emuparadise's Music section: no luck

I tried extracting the contents from the JAR file: i get files named by all the letters in the alphabet (none can play as audio)

Anyone know how i can extract the game data (gfx,sfx,etc) instead, using an Android.

IIRC a .jar is actually just a .zip, so try renaming :]

bzzrak said:

IIRC a .jar is actually just a .zip, so try renaming :]

I think you misunderstood me. INSIDE the JAR, lies dozens of files named like "a", "c", etc.

@alitroph how can I extract it from that file?

Voros said:

I think you misunderstood me. INSIDE the JAR, lies dozens of files named like "a", "c", etc.

@alitroph how can I extract it from that file?

Like he said, it's basically just a zip file. Take your pick of archive programs and open it up.

Also, I think you misunderstood Aliotroph. There should be a file inside that jar that is named "ip". The string suggests that the file named "ip" is a midi. So extract that file and rename it with a .midi extension.

Depends on the version, it might not be named ip.

Just open the jar in SLADE 3. It'll open it normally (since it's a zip) and identify file types as best it can.

Just to test I've downloaded a jar from some shady Russian site, it's apparently a version for a Nokia phone. In this case, it contained five MIDI files, named fv, fw, fx, fy, and fz. From the metadata, the actual files were named new4.mid, outskirts-track.mid, mainmenu.mid, industrial_track.mid, and suburbs-track.mid. Another jar from the same shady site, this one apparently for Sony Ericsson phones, has the same MIDI tracks named ck, cl, cm, cn, and cp, with an additional MIDI file named cq which was originally named victory.mid. It also has some beeps and car sounds in wav format that weren't there in the Nokia version.

So basically, some of the files will be MIDI, but most will not. And none of the files have a meaningful name. Just open in SLADE 3 to make sense of it.

Kirby said:

Like he said, it's basically just a zip file. Take your pick of archive programs and open it up.

Also, I think you misunderstood Aliotroph. There should be a file inside that jar that is named "ip". The string suggests that the file named "ip" is a midi. So extract that file and rename it with a .midi extension.

There is no "ip" named file.

And I ALREADY extracted the JAR. Its the files i got FROM the JAR that confuse me.

@gez, ok im gonna check those files out.

Voros said:

There is no "ip" named file.

And I ALREADY extracted the JAR. Its the files i got FROM the JAR that confuse me.

I see now. In that case do take a look with SLADE3 and you should be able to determine what files were/are midi's in the .jar that you downloaded.