Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Byeblothingal 1024

Pictures of my Doom WADs and maps

*YOU CAN HOLD "CTRL" AND ROLL THE MOUSE WHEEL FORWARD TO MAKE THE PICTURES BIGGER*

I have always been under the impression that I make really fuckin odd doom wads. I snapped a few pics of some of the work ive done.

ChekaAgent said:

Ok, seriously, above me is pure creativity..

haha Drugs & creativity go hand & foot. Adderall LSD & Fungi & on rare occasions Ecstasy = greatly change my regular mode of thinking & help out a LOT with making these maps.

Wrong subforum.
Anyway, that sure does look odd... ever thought about trying Vanilla mapping? :]
(you know, without slopes, but with visplanes!)

Hey, can you give us a download link to this wonder? I'm sure most of us here are eager to play it, even if it's unfinished.

ChekaAgent said:

Hey, can you give us a download link to this wonder? I'm sure most of us here are eager to play it, even if it's unfinished.

See the first few posts of this guy. They have Youtube links, and those videos contain links to the WADs themselves.

bzzrak said:

Wrong subforum.
Anyway, that sure does look odd... ever thought about trying Vanilla mapping? :]
(you know, without slopes, but with visplanes!)

YES I used WadAuthor & DoomCAD to make vanilla style maps for years before making them in Hexen format. The problem with that though was "Visplane Overflow; too many visplanes" & "Segmentation Violation; subscript out of range" when I made maps with it. Have you ever gotten either of those 2 errors? I now wouldn't ever consider looking back into doing those again; mainly because I cant add a heavily encumbered overwhelming preponderance of custom shit that is positively indicative of & exclusively concordant with; total awesomeness! in vanilla style

segmentation violation
visplane overflow

Here, read up on the errors if you want.

TBH, other than those errors I could barely understand your post. Anyway, that's the Purpose (TM) of vanilla mapping: making something as good as possible, while fitting into certain limits.
Well, at least try Boom format: no visplanes, but no ZDoom stuff either.

it's like you took one of those eye-illusion pictures, copy and pasted them a bunch, and then made DOOM WADs out of em...IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

seriously, at least one of these maps need to be in the cacowards, they look awesome.
the only problem i have with it though is that looking at it for too long makes my eyes hurt

bzzrak said:

segmentation violation
visplane overflow

Here, read up on the errors if you want.

TBH, other than those errors I could barely understand your post. Anyway, that's the Purpose (TM) of vanilla mapping: making something as good as possible, while fitting into certain limits.
Well, at least try Boom format: no visplanes, but no ZDoom stuff either.

Cool man, thanks a lot for the link posts on the errors. I read them both & already knew exactly what caused the visplane overflows but didnt know until just then about wat caused the segmentation violations. Now those errors are replaced with but not limited to "you need to fix these lines to play this map" , "Block size does not touch the next block" & "Execution could not continue. 1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts"

Byeblothingal 1024 said:

Cool man, thanks a lot for the link posts on the errors. I read them both & already knew exactly what caused the visplane overflows but didnt know until just then about wat caused the segmentation violations. Now those errors are replaced with but not limited to "you need to fix these lines to play this map" , "Block size does not touch the next block" & "Execution could not continue. 1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts"

Well, you're on your own with those. :]

I recognize some of those wads, but the others I do not. Have you released all of those? or just a few?

Gothic said:

Impressive, I don't think my computer could handle any of those maps.

Yea thats the thing; my comp has 8GB of ram & can run them just fine so anyone with 8GB of ram should be able to run the maps just fine but anything less & I cant say how they will run because ive never tested them on anything but this computer.

Jimp Argon said:

I recognize some of those wads, but the others I do not. Have you released all of those? or just a few?

Not ALL of them but most of them. About 5 of those pics are of wads that im still working on & under construction.

Stapler said:

Mind giving an explanation for why there's a lift in volvex.wad that's an hour long?

I clock no such lift in any of my wads that take even a tenth that long. It might be if you have a slow computer that the RAM cant keep up with this ultra insane; lift (of sorts)

Wow, those pictures. Just......ridiculously huge scale architecture everywhere! I'd love to see a playthrough or a stream of this wad.

Stapler said:

oh thats not in Volvex.Wad, thats in TheArena.Wad & THAT is not a "lift" its a "lowering Floor" but its because you flipped the slowest of the 4 switches there are to flip in the center of the room = would be why it would take an hour to get down there. You can choose the speed the moving floor goes right off the bat depending on which switch you flip. There are tiny little red markers on the floor of each switch (1 - 4) 1 = the slowest, 4 = the fastest. Depending on which skill you picked should dictate the speed you go because the harder the skill; the more fucks that come out while you go down. If you choose the very slowest switch; then yea it can take an hour. But the only good reason to pick the slowest is because you're on the hardest skill (which I was in these vids)

The sheer scale of this stuff is pretty damn impressive. So many resources too, holy hell.

There was a similar map released a year or two (or maybe longer) ago, called "insanity" or something. It took minutes just to load it up and I think it used some Skulltag resources. I'm 99% sure the guy who made that was also on acid or DMT or something - anyone else remember this by chance or have a link? These dudes have a very similarly grand mapping style.

Doomkid said:

There was a similar map released a year or two (or maybe longer) ago, called "insanity" or something. It took minutes just to load it up and I think it used some Skulltag resources. I'm 99% sure the guy who made that was also on acid or DMT or something - anyone else remember this by chance or have a link? These dudes have a very similarly grand mapping style.

By any chance was it called MINDFUCK.Wad? because I remember someone asked me on YouTube where I had the vids of that wad if they could post that wad here a few years back in 2012 & I said sure & I had been doing some acid during the making of that map AND it was from my Ac1dGoD channel. But if it wasn't MINDFUCK.Wad or Ac1dGoD where the video was posted then I never heard of it or ssaw it either.

Those are some pretty trippy scenes you've made! I also really enjoyed those DB2 shots as well, really impressive stuff.

Byeblothingal 1024 said:

By any chance was it called MINDFUCK.Wad? because I remember someone asked me on YouTube where I had the vids of that wad if they could post that wad here a few years back in 2012 & I said sure & I had been doing some acid during the making of that map AND it was from my Ac1dGoD channel. But if it wasn't MINDFUCK.Wad or Ac1dGoD where the video was posted then I never heard of it or ssaw it either.

That's the one, I figured something so massive had to be by the same author. Keep it up - you have a very grand, unique style!