Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Lost megawads

joe-ilya said:

1; doomed in space

I wouldnt exactly call that "lost". More like delayed.

But then again, i seriously want the Doom 64 for Doom 2 to be completed.

Deus Vult II: Second Edition is what I'm still hoping for. Whilst it had it's issues, I think that was the first WAD I played that really stuck with me. Some of that architecture is ridiculous.

The last few screens posted before it went AWOL looked amazing too. RIP.

40oz said:

I've been on the fence about the idea of contacting people who have been working on projects that seem like they are dead, and offering to help and/or take over. ..., Slaughterfest 3

Please do, oh my god.

Just don't nerf my chaingunner room. I love that thing.

40oz said:

I've been on the fence about the idea of contacting people who have been working on projects that seem like they are dead, and offering to help and/or take over. I don't know how those people would feel about it, but I think I have a pretty good track record for collaborating and project management.

Projects like Doom Millennium, Kama Sutra 2, Dark Plutonia, Mordeth, Scythe x, Slaughterfest 3, and No End in Sight need to see the light of day.

I do good work! I can finish maps, fix broken maps, and donate guest maps to flesh the project out if need be. I also do graphics and play test (to check if things are fun and functional; I'm not so good with technical stuff) Anyone has a project that they think is stagnating, and at risk of dying, please contact me!

What about UAC Ultra 2 ;)

I just hate when something that's almost finished gets hanging in release hell.
No End in Sight was almost done long before I've started working on Alpha Accident.
Will they be realised in a same day (taking into account how much time will take to finish other 3 episodes of AA)?

I'm sure there was a thread on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.

There's a video here of his updated version of the Afrit Moria map, but it's 3 years or so ago. That and he's got tons of videos of Overwatch on his account so presumably he'll be on that train forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcA5RdN4Ag

Firedust said:

Apologies, might have gotten the author wrong. For some silly reason remembered it like that... No idea why.

EDIT: Concerning NEIS,

Xaser said: It will be done this year. => Post from 2013 => oh dear.

Also, what is happening with Stomper and Devilution and UDTWID?

But then I can't really complain. We already got 6 megawads this year.

----------------------
TNT2 DEVILUTION
----------------------

Devilution is still under active progress, there's just a lot of work involved in assuring the entire megawad is of high quality which is why I threw out most of my maps and some other things we made decisions on (they went into Convilution, a compilation of unused maps, see Revilution thread!)

----------------------
STOMPER
----------------------

As for Stomper, it's on hold as Nmn decided the wad was going in a direction he didn't like, he let me take the maps I most worked on and the two maps I made for it.

From the maps that I was allowed to use, rose Freudian Slipgate, a non-serious megawad I made with friends from doomworld, some maps there are from Stomper, here you can download it:
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/freudslp

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/85184-freudian-slipgate-time-spent-with-cats-is-never-wasted-public-beta/ Or it's thread here.

In Freudian Slipgate, the maps that I was allowed to take and use from Stomper are: 02, 03, 14, 18, 21. Map numbers apply to Freud. 14,18,21 Nmn made back in Stomper, with me touching them up to some extent.

We still tried (with the rest of the Freud team) to fill in the blanks while having fun.

----------------------
THE FUTURE OF MY STUFF
----------------------

I'm working on a solo (minus one guest map) sequel to Freudian Slipgate called Flooding Hatred, I have yet to make a thread for it, or update the old thread which you can find here: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/85745-freudian-slipgate-ii-electric-gigolo-announcement/

Basically the Freud team is no more because we all went our own ways for different reasons, General Rainbow Bacon managed to finish a layout for Freud 2/Flooding Hatred before he had to quit doom for a long time. Of course I made that layout into a proper map, Blue Hell, a sequel to Freud 1's Green Hell.

So I decided to go full solo and try to create a 32 map megawad, it'll take an another year to get it done but at some point, I will start posting regular updates. I have 11 maps done currently with 12th map in progress.

As for TNT2, don't worry, it will get done.

Thanks a lot, Alter! I was wondering why there was no update on Stomper since it seemed like you nearly finished it... That makes sense. Looking forward to Devilution and your personal project. :)

Death Egg said:

Anyone else remember that wad by Sigvatr? Looked like it would've been awesome.

Yeah, I remember that one, and it did look cool, making creative use of stock or closely stock-derived assets. I think he only ever had like 1.5 maps done for it at the utmost, though, and so it's perhaps more a case of "something that never really was" than "something that might've been."

Vaporware, man, I forgot all about that one. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy, eh?

Death Egg said:

Anyone else remember that wad by Sigvatr? Looked like it would've been awesome.

Hell Superior. I think I brought it up recently and there didn't seem to be much hope of it surfacing, sadly.

What's up with Final doom the way id did ?

Also having seen the screenshots definitely Dark Plutonia highly caught my attention but I think the author has left many years ago therefore DP hardly see the light.

Da Werecat said:

As is reading in 2016.

I lurk here way more than I post but your cantankerous shitposting and overall "forum curmudgeon" antics have mandated that I interject.

Dude, lighten up!

UDTWID really only needs like 3 maps finished. One of them is from a chronic unfinisher and the rest idk about yet.

Final TWID is on hiatus because of TNT2 and BTSXE2 took up some of the time from the management. It'll be rebooted soon enough I'm sure but don't quote me on that.

TNT2 is waiting on Juneheim to be finished before I go full bore on it. I just needed some time because shit got real irl and I had to take a break.

I've noticed a ton of these "lost" projects are on hold because another project is taking priority. I wonder if there's a web that could be made showing all of these, and find the source of who has been delaying all these mods from being completed.

Oh! Also, Hacx 2.0! Whatever happened to that?

Death Egg said:

Oh! Also, Hacx 2.0! Whatever happened to that?

;_;

I love Hacx, and seeing 2.0 so... Quiet makes me cry.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered, vaporware is waiting for the eternity engine to improve on a few matters before the maps can be adequately realized. (Plus BTSX happened/is still happening.)

From what I can see from the necromantic thirst dev thread over at the French doom cummunity, it looks like (as of the 14th of august 2016), arround 17-18 maps are extremely close to completion (they all have a 99% completion state). Then again, since I'm not part of the development team, I cannot say for certain. Just basing this off of the thread :)