Linguica

Custom avatar post requirement is now 50

<Linguica> wait do people shitpost in EE to get to the custom avatar level
<Linguica> is that a thing that regularly happens
<Decay`> yes
<CSGWark> yes
<Altazimuth> Yeah.
<Linguica> ugh why doesnt anyone tell me these things

Hahah, i don't think this will prevent people from shitposting. Especially, considering that most of shitposting comes from people with avatars.

fraggle said:

Finally I'll be able to get my own custom avatar rather than this crappy thing!

Hey, is it just me hallucinating, or your avatar sometimes flips upside down?

ChekaAgent said:

That's what I thought after first seeing it after having looked at it for years without ever seeing that. Either it didn't animate before and fraggle has pulled the ultimate troll move on us, or I was really inattentive in the past ;)

That's cool. What does 8,650 posts get me?

ChekaAgent said:

Ikr? Its fucking creepy. The instant his avatar is on the screen for the first time, it flips for barely a second then goes back to its original position, never flipping again.

Mmm.. I wish there was some sort of post requirement that allowed you to change your title, so that i could reach it and remove my stupid custom title that's ruining my reputation by making people think that i'm similar to a neo-nazi.

ChekaAgent said:

You must be imagining it.

ChekaAgent said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. It very clearly does not.

Spoiler

Swine & Roses said:

Highly appreciated. Getting to 250 posts would probably take me like another 6 months.
I'll miss you, chaingun dude...

If you want, I'll make you a new chaingun dude animation. Maybe alter his coloring and direction.

ChekaAgent said:

Mmm.. I wish there was some sort of post requirement that allowed you to change your title, so that i could reach it and remove my stupid custom title that's ruining my reputation by making people think that i'm similar to a neo-nazi.

I still for some reason can't see the one I apparently have.

For some reason, when I try to view Swine & Roses' profile by clicking on the little doomguy face on the bottom of his posts, it says that he isn't a registered member.

i tried shitposting for a custom avatar
but then i realized that i like this avatar a lot

whatever, all my posts are shitposts

ChekaAgent said:

oh look it's the guy that's similar to a neo-nazi

Gaaaaah, I was so looking forward to that 250 post mark... (this is #241)
Come on...

Swine & Roses said:

I'll miss you, chaingun dude...

Same here, I'll miss that BJ's happy smile.

edit: I have decided that, despite this change, I'm still gonna wait for 250. Shouldn't take more than a day or four.

even if you do do that, people are still gonna shitpost to get to higher ranks...i mean, in other forums that i visit, people do it all the time to get to a higher postcount, as they see it as "if i have more posts than other people, i'll be the COOL KID! :DDDDD"
you can't really stop people from shitposting, as they're gonna do it all the time for their own personal goals. so, is it really that big of a deal that you have to lower it down to 50? people will still have the same post quality, regardless of that...

TraceOfSpades said:

If you want, I'll make you a new chaingun dude animation. Maybe alter his coloring and direction.

Thanks for the offer. I'm still indecisive about my avatar, but I can't be bothered tonight.

TraceOfSpades said:

For some reason, when I try to view Swine & Roses' profile by clicking on the little doomguy face on the bottom of his posts, it says that he isn't a registered member.

Oops, I always thought it's just that you can't look at your own profile. Did I break the internet?

TraceOfSpades said:

wow, that's weird
maybe it has something to do with the symbol in his name?

Well, this will save me roughly 3.5 years (or about 50 posts) worth of shitposting. The custom avatar is finally within my reach, after only 12 years (not counting my pre-2004 account). Happy daze!

Also...Swine & Roses...your username is my favorite out of the entire site.

But how did you come up with it?

Indeed ha ha

I'm not very active online and lack a distinct nickname, so I just picked the first thing I could come up with.
Sorry, no exciting story here. :P

^I found your new avatar.

[Img snipped. Please don't post huge images here? - Mordeth]

[Can I put them in image tags? - TraceOfSpades]

I'm just glad this means I won't have to look at the default avatars as much. Different avatars makes it easier to remember at a glance who is what and what they're saying. Everyone with that brown Quake logo just kind of bled together for a while, to the point where I wondered why 40oz was acting so weird whenever Voros posted.