Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qdash

Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse

yukib1t said:

I have the G502

I literally just bought one of these about 2 hours ago because my G402's RMB was starting to go out! So far it's a great replacement.

I've also got one of these, the G13:

It's great for gaming, since I can customize the keys for any setup imaginable, and reassign positions to make it easier to reach other stuff. Plus the little joystick is actually pretty great for having directional controls like you would find in driving a tank on BF4 for example.

Fonze said:

So are mousewheels like that really a thing? What use do they have? What games take advantage of a mousewheel that can be spun like one of those balls on the old arcade games? Furthermore, what type of game would require such specialization of the mousewheel, while also not getting messed up by the fact that the mousewheel could send the comp input into at any time? I feel like I'd be less confused and frustrated if I at least understood the logic behind such a design.

Ray: to my knowledge, there was no clicker button. I do not know if it was supposed to be both, but it was always just the one way for me.

Well the idea is to allow rapid scrolling in, for example, a long PDF or text document with many pages, or on long webpages like DW Forums if you have like 150 posts per page. Just a convenience thing I guess, I typically never use freespin mode anyways.

I've had a Logitech G500 for about 3 years now. It works pretty well for what I want (save for an issue with its microswitches), but I don't use many of its features.

On-the-fly DPI switching sounds good in theory when I want to make accurate shots, but I rarely have the presence of mind nor the muscle memory to make use of it.

The free-scrolling mode for mousewheel is occasionally useful when skimming through documents, but other than that I use the usual ratcheting mode like every other mousewheel. I wonder how well semi-auto weapons in certain games will take to the free-scrolling mode if I bind the fire keys to them.

I could see profiles being potentially useful for binding mouse keys to often-used commands for different applications, but again, I don't have the presence of mind to remember which keys were set to what commands nor the muscle memory to use them without thinking what they were set to do.

The adjustable weights seem like a gimmick to me. My mouse control isn't so fine-tuned as to be drastically affected by a few grams. Oh well, at least it's not an AA battery in the mouse.

Now that I think about it, I don't really use the G500 much differently from the MX518 or Intellimouse I had earlier. It's still nice knowing you can have extra buttons and options available.

Before my laptop kicked the bucket, I used a cheap USB mouse for everything. Even if it wasn't the best, it served me well, even on games like CS:GO.

Now I don't have a working PC...

To me, if it fits well in your hand and responsive enough, you're good to go. Though I understand if you take competitive games seriously, it may be better to have a high-end mouse.

Let's be honest here, Doom was meant to be played with 90's office gear. When I got my new PC, I had no choice but to abandon my Gateway keyboard on account of it using a PS/2 connector :(

I love the big chunky hi-resistance keys since I play like a caveman. It's been years since I've used a ball mouse though.

Doomkid said:

Since others are posting pics of their gear:

Most of the OEM keyboard and mouse beat the crap of most aftermarket ones. If they are PS/2 then they are even better. But aftermarket look cooler and most of the time are USB so no risk of bending a pin thanks to nervous kid

But if you want to try something new that is not OEM, look for Logitech they have a good range of products from entry level to "awesome but not that useable" level

Also mechanical keyboards are back as "PRO CHOICE!!!"

This video also applies while talking about third party controllers, can also be used to describe some of those "Gaming" Keyboards and mices...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfd75YRG34

speaking of weird, wacky mouse designs, can someone please tell me how this mouse would be useful in any way shape or form?
actually, how would you even hold this?

i mean, i know a lot of people use mice that have 20-bazillion buttons on em, but seriously...putting them RIGHT WHERE THE TWO MAIN BUTTONS ARE!? i'm gueeing that it didn't sell very well at all.
could someone with one of those funky mice (the ones that really aren't even mice, like Rayzik's), how would you go about using this? i know yall have a lot of buttons and stuff, and you hold em weird, but...would this work when gaming? or even normal computer functions? i'm genuinely curious

Wild Dog, yeah, it's funny how mechanic KB turned into pro gaming device. Marketing...

Little companies around the world is only trying to sell simple chinese OEM under other brand. That's looks pretty stupid, but works, because tons of new crappy devices is coming over and over again.

Wow, some really odd and extravagant choices here. Myself, I'm using the boring, plain "esports for plebs" combo of Logitech G400s and MS Sidewinder X4.

roadworx said:

could someone with one of those funky mice (the ones that really aren't even mice, like Rayzik's), how would you go about using this? i know yall have a lot of buttons and stuff, and you hold em weird, but...would this work when gaming? or even normal computer functions? i'm genuinely curious

You misunderstand, that thing I posted (G13) is for your left hand! It's basically a more ergonomic device with better arrangement of keys for your hand, and they're full customizable, and you can even store different layouts for different games as well. I rarely use the joystick on it, but it is useful when you need more fluid control on your second axis of movement. Typically I only use it for gaming.

The mice with lots of extra buttons would be nice if I played games with more hot key setups and such. I suppose I could use them for weapon switching in Doom if I really wanted. My mouse only has DPI adjustment buttons and the forward/back buttons, as well as a DPI shift thumb button. Less complex than you would imagine.

dew said:

...and MS Sidewinder X4.

It might not be extravagant, but it damn sure is one of the best keyboards I've ever owned. I do actually use the regular keyboard for classic doom.

I personally use a 5$ (in my currency) Verbatim mouse, its right mouse button works very rarely (which is why I can use only the primary weapon attacks in Half-Life), but I've been dropping it around a lot though (as my chair is broken too, so I keep falling from it). If I had a pr0 1337 g4m3r mouse, it'd take me a matter of weeks to break it.

I really need to get a nice mouse. I just have some mouse that my friend sent me. He bought it from Amazon. It does have a few different DPI's to choose from and buttons on the side but since i "fingertip grip" my mouse, this mouse is just a tad too long for me.

I think it's called a GRIM gaming mouse by blackweb, some brand i've never heard of. It's just an optical mouse as well.

For a keyboard i just have a Logitech G105 which is fairly basic. It does have macro's and G keys and is backlit but it's non-mechanical so...

I just built my first desktop this year so i had to get something to get me started so i am new to using a mouse/keyboard. I had been using a laptop and a smaller mouse for a few years prior to this to play Doom and other games and it sucked so this is a major upgrade haha!

@theOP: that mouse actually looks really nice. I like how sleek and simple it looks.

Using a Realforce 104UB and MX518 here.

Love my Realforce; I'm topre for life now. Only complaint about the MX518 is that its cable is a cheap piece of shit (hair-thin 30 AWG wire inside them). Went through about 5 of them (would keep breaking near where the cable goes into the mouse) until I learned that Logitech uses a universal plug for all of their usb optical mice, so I picked up an old Logitech mouse with a much better quality cable and haven't had a problem since. It's beige instead of black, but I don't really care.

yukib1t, I don't buy anything from Razer and Steelseries since I got Kana after Deathadder 3.5G. LoL. Exclusive contract between Razer and Phillips is just lol. And it's pretty funny to see how Steelseries trying to sell office mouses as cybersport devices.

GmanZero said:

For a keyboard i just have a Logitech G105 which is fairly basic. It does have macro's and G keys and is backlit but it's non-mechanical so...

LoL, Mechanical Keyboards are a waste of money . Most companies will try to sell you one, using a "PRO GAMER!!!!" telling you how much he improved his gaming 1337 skills thanks to the mech keyboard.

They just put a new layer of Paint to old tech... Mechanical keyboards, PS/2 ports, etc.

Plus, the sound of the mechanical keyboards will make you insane in a few years...

Mechanical keyboards are for typing on. If you're buying them for gaming you're probably missing the point.

fraggle said:

Mechanical keyboards are for typing on. If you're buying them for gaming you're probably missing the point.

To be honest i don't see the point of mechanical kb even for typing.
Regular or membrane keyboards are quite good as they can be. Used to work as a Data entry a long time ago, i was able to reach 90/95 wpm without error (In my native Language), while not a word record, i think is quite good.

I have a few friends (younger that me, so i guess that mechanical KB are something new to them...) that got RGB keyboards. I don't see the point on them at all.
While they may last 2 to 3 times more than a membrane, they can cost like 5 times more.
Plus some people can feel pain after a few hours of use.

But hey i guess that in the end it comes to taste and marketing.

I just have a standard Lenovo keyboard and mouse: model KU-0225 for keyboard, model MOEUUO for the mouse, both of them have held up very well over the last 4 years of heavy typing and some serious gaming.

RTC_Marine said:

I just have a standard Lenovo keyboard and mouse: model KU-0225 for keyboard, model MOEUUO for the mouse, both of them have held up very well over the last 4 years of heavy typing and some serious gaming.

I have a few dozens of them, most of them are more than 10 years old.. Most of them came with Lenovo M52. They outlived the Pcs... So i guess that your keyboard and mouse still have a lot of life.