Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

Plutonia Simulator

Hello everyone!

What if all Doom WADS were like The Plutonia Experiment/PRCP/Plutonia 2? The Plutonia Simulator is the answer to this question!

With Plutonia Simulator you can play any PWAD for Doom 1 and Doom 2 or play original Doom 1, Doom 2 & TNT Evilution. Mod changes textures, add 70 tracks which are play randomly in each level. What if you run Plutonia Simulator with... Plutonia itself? I will not say. It's all up to you to test this!

Plutonia Simulator works with latest versions of GZDoom and Zandronum.
Screenshots
Authors: All people who worked with The Plutonia Experiment, PRCP and Plutonia 2 projects; also DeXiaZ & Daimonas.
Download link:
Moddb.com

I look forward to giving this a try. However, your Moddb link leads to a page with a description, but no actual file to download.

Empyre said:

I look forward to giving this a try. However, your Moddb link leads to a page with a description, but no actual file to download.

Thank you! Sorry for Moddb problem - file needs a moderator approve. But I see that he is sleeping or doing something else. That's why I've uploaded it to MEGA.

The reason I asked is because the random soundtrack seems to cause compatibility issues with Smooth Doom. Also, I tend to prefer remastered soundtracks over default MIDI music.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

The reason I asked is because the random soundtrack seems to cause compatibility issues with Smooth Doom. Also, I tend to prefer remastered soundtracks over default MIDI music.

Isn't the Smooth Doom mod is about smooth animations? How you've got music errors with animation mod? o_O

Well, here we go:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/plutonia-simulator/downloads/plutonia-simulator-v10-no-music-edition

DeXiaZ said:

Isn't the Smooth Doom mod is about smooth animations? How you've got music errors with animation mod? o_O

Beats me! The launch settings for my Plutonia Simulator shortcut looked like this:

"SmoothDoom.pk3 PLS.pk3 e1m8b.wad smartscav-doom.pk3 PLUTSMOOTHBAR.wad"

Anyway, it is all good now. Thanks for the quick update!

Gosh, I was expecting an unlubricated dildo, given the thread title. Leaving disappointed...

Thank you all!

Gosh, I was expecting an unlubricated dildo, given the thread title. Leaving disappointed...

Sorry, no dildos this time, hehe :>

Who knew merely replacing zombiemen with Chaingunners would be enough to make even Kneep Deep in the Dead considerably harder? Frankly, I do not even think the Plutonia textures were even necessary, but I can live with them...

Though on that subject, I noticed some misaligned switch textures in Ultimate Doom's E1M3, specifically in the slime pit on the way to the blue card and the pillar with the Soulsphere on top. I would upload screenshots, but it does not seem like the forum has this function...

Oh, and does this mod add the Supershotgun to Ultimate Doom levels? I am asking because I entered the "Give All" cheat and, unlike vanilla Ultimate Doom, the weapon in question does not lack any sprite or sound.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Who knew merely replacing zombiemen with Chaingunners would be enough to make even Kneep Deep in the Dead considerably harder? Frankly, I do not even think the Plutonia textures were even necessary, but I can live with them...

Though on that subject, I noticed some misaligned switch textures in Ultimate Doom's E1M3, specifically in the slime pit on the way to the blue card and the pillar with the Soulsphere on top. I would upload screenshots, but it does not seem like the forum has this function...

Oh, and does this mod add the Supershotgun to Ultimate Doom levels? I am asking because I entered the "Give All" cheat and, unlike vanilla Ultimate Doom, the weapon in question does not lack any sprite or sound.

Textures misaligments are here due to IWAD differences. I've used Plutonia switch textures but for Doom 1 they appear in wrong align parameters.

And yes, Supershotgun is available for the Ultimate Doom. You can find it in places which are spawn shell boxes.

Thanks for comment!

Oh my. I see that the first level of Knee Deep in the Dead is now going to be extremely hard. Great idea!

Not too much. Once you get your hands on a shotgun and a chaingun, the level is fairly straightforward - though it helps going for the Mega Armor first.

What this mod does not address, unfortunately, is Knee Deep in the Dead's overabundance of ammunition, health and power-ups.

Anyway, is the Supershotgun supposed to randomly spawn? Because I have made it to The Shores of Hell and I have yet to pick it up.

I have a suggestion.

Revenants, Archviles and Barons of Hell should not spawn in place of Cacodemons. Otherwise, there is always the the risk of them getting stuck in inaccessible locations because of their inability to fly.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I have a suggestion.

Revenants, Archviles and Barons of Hell should not spawn in place of Cacodemons. Otherwise, there is always the the risk of them getting stuck in inaccessible locations because of their inability to fly.

You're right. I'll fix that soon.

now requesting a Mock 2 simulator:

- replaces all monsters with two monsters standing in the same place
- replaces all effects data in MIDIs with pitch bends and all percussion with guiros
- occasionally sends the player Markov chained nonsense attempts at conversation