Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffo2448

Favorite/Least Favorite Doom song

Curious about your favorite and least favorite doom song is in each Doom and Doom II. I'll have to get the names and list mine.

my favourite Doom song is E1M1,At Doom's Gate, and my least is the one from the second level of Doom II

E1M8 is absolutely great. Such a good track for the episode ending. If only that map was better suited to be an ending map. For the worst song, that's hard, because Doom 2 has some pretty shitty ones... But I think I'm definitely going to go with the Text Screen music from Doom 2.

Favourite -- all of Doom 1's soundtrack + Doom 2 MAP07-10 and MAP30
Least favourite -- all of Doom 2's soundtrack minus MAP07-10 and MAP30
edit: yeah, forgot it, MAP05/D_DOOM is an OK track too.
Absolutely the least favourite --

Spoiler

d_runnin, could it have been any different?

Doom 1 has so many great tracks, but Demons on the Prey is probably my #1 pick. I especially like the various choir remixes of it. Also the stupidly loud map02 track from TNT for comedy purposes.

Least would be one of the elevator music tracks from Doom 2 that's completely unremarkable.

My favorites are;

Suspense
Sign of Evil
I Sawed the Demons
The Demons from Adrian's Pen
Waltz of the Demons
Donna to the Rescue
Deep Into the Code
Sweet Little Dead Bunny (If this counts)
Shawn's Got the Shotgun
Into Sandy's City
Waiting for Romero to Play
The Demon's Dead
Opening to Hell
(I'm sorry I have way too many)

My least favorites, or rather disliked, are;

On the Hunt
They're Going to Get You
Facing the Spider
In the Dark

Bye Bye American Pie (I kinda both hate and enjoy this one)

What I like:

Most of Doom 1's music
DOOM
Into Sandy's City
The Demon's Dead
Adrian's Asleep
Getting Too Tense
the intermission music

What I don't like so much:

The Healer Stalks
The Dave D. Taylor Blues
Message for the Arch-Vile
Opening to Hell

Running from Evil used to be one of my favorites. I actually liked that song a lot when I played Doom 2 for the first time, but now that I've heard it a million times...

Favorites: most of them. Dark Halls, Suspense, On the Hunt, Demons on the Prey, Demons from Adrian's Pen, They're Going to Get You, Sinister, Sign of Evil, Nobody Told Me About Id, DOOM, Shawn's got the Shotgun, Into Sandy's City, The Demon's Dead, Waiting for Romero to Play. Also The End of Doom and Read Me.

Least favs: Bye Bye American Pie, Getting Too Tense, and Facing the Spider. All three grate on my ears very quickly.

Also Running from Evil, but that's more from overexposure than because of the song itself. If it was only heard once and in a late level, say in MAP23 instead of BBAP, I'd probably enjoy it.

I probably like Shawn's got the Shotgun the most. I can't think of any track I particularly dislike.

I really doubt anyone plays 90's maps and maximum doom that much to hate D_RUNNIN nowadays.

Least fav : The Demon's Dead MAP10/16
If it wasn't as screechy, I would choose E1M3 for that background sound.

Fav : Countdown To Death, I like the gimmick with the clock sound in the background and the tense melody.

if i have to pick an absolute favorite, probably m07, shawn got the shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E7MPl4G2Qc

it's mighty, imposing, something like the imperial march in star wars. i had it as a ringtone.

although, e2m2, the demons from adrian's pen, and e1m8, sign of evil, are nice spooky tracks.

as for dislikes, m04, between levels. just an assortment of random noise and beats.

and m23, american pie. boring. d_runnin is ok in comparison.