Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lengis

JDoom problems........

I downloaded the trinity thing that allows Doom, Heretic, and Hexen together.

It says I can run the .exe file, kicks, but when I run it, it says, "Component 'Combdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registerd: a file is missing or invalid"

I only have the doom.wad in the folder, do I need the entire folder in there as well? Also when I run jdoom, i can see the taskbar, but it wasn't always there, it just poped up one day, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Plez help!

Download the KickStart frontend from their downloads section

Cheers dude! I've just managed to set up all the mp3s of the mus files i'm using for the Underworld wads...

EXCELLENT :)

I have a question about JDoom: how come it crashes every 5 minutes?!

Woolie Wool said:

Because it sucks.

Actually no, it is probably because either DooMBoy's computer isn't stable or something like that. I find JDooM to be a good port.

Scratch what I said about JDoom earlier. Since I got my computer fixed yesterday, it now runs without a hitch, though it sometimes crashes at the setup screen.

I get a Jdoom-related crash once every blue moon - probably due to the low-end spec of my pc.

P2-350, 96mb ram, 12mb Voodoo2, 3.2gb HD.

Still, we've mapped 11 jdoom megawad levels on the old bastard so far. She's still got life in her!

I don't remember JDoom ever crashing on me, except from a Doom related error. Same with JHexen. The only time I've seen JHexen crash is when I made a mistake in the mod coding somewhere that would have caused Hexen to crash anyway.

I have a question about JHexen: now, so far, I've played JHeretic and JDoom very extensively, and so far they've yet to crash on me, since my comp was fix t'other day. Now, when I try to load up JHexen, it crashes on me. Every time. WTF?

JDoom has NEVER crashed on me

Specs: 1 Ghz Athlon, 768 MB DDR RAM, Geforce3 Ti 200 64mb, all visual effects for JD maxed out. constant 70+ FPS

Spike said:

P2-350, 96mb ram, 12mb Voodoo2, 3.2gb HD.

Upgrade that old POS already! That's so 1995ish!

Mr. Chris said:

Upgrade that old POS already! That's so 1995ish!

Yes, that does sound lovely, doesn't it?
Unfortunatly, in the real world we have this papery stuff called 'money'. Some of us don't get much of it.

Think before you open your cakehole.

He's got a point, you could afford to upgrade that with just a couple of day's worth of wages, especially if you buy second hand :)

NiGHTMARE said:

He's got a point, you could afford to upgrade that with just a couple of day's worth of wages, especially if you buy second hand :)

Yes, let's see what i'd need :

ATX compatible case and screen (i lack even these)
New motherboard (this one only supports up to 450mhz)
New Processor (goes without saying)
New RAM (my DIMMS slow and out of date)
Probably a new hard disk (3.2gb)

The upgrade would cost somewhere in the region of a few hundred quid (and that's at trade prices) - bear in mind that i am also supporting a wife and daughter, and can't spare that kind of cash when we also have to live from day to day.

JDooM is one of my favorite ports, but recently after updating to the latest version of Doomsday, it crases the first five mniutes of playing, sometimes not even starting up. My comp is well above rec. specs and free of problems, its really pissing me off now. Bah. Is their a configuration fix or patch for this?????.

I hear alota good things about Jdoom but for sum reason when i played it Every sound that wuz played kept playing ova and ova again for like 5 minutes strait then stopped, this happend with Evry soun that wuz made ( it hurt my ears). Also When i play on Jdoom when its supposed to show the map name when u r in the map (when u start a lvl it shows the lvl name on ur screen for a few seconds) that is just a bunch of scribbly lines and all the enemies r the normal Sprites but when they move the sprites screw up like the map name does and they become rectangles with a bunch of colorful lines and nothing more, this also happens with a bunch of other sprites ie: shooting, Projectiles and the textures 2, the walls and floors are all color full and messed up...and the status bar numbers r wacky too, they keep flahing from normal to colorful rectangles, like the sprites. And the Map wouldnt shouw up when i pressed "tab". This may sound a bit oddly compelling but nuttin seemed to work on Jdoom for me...can ne one help me out here?? ...And yes i am a dumbass when it comes to trying out new ports such as Jdoom...

u shuold lern to tipe; dewd/.

Seriously, you may want to try Direct3D. That might solve your graphical problems, dunno bout your sound problems though.
JDoom runs sounds just fine on this computer and the graphics are as nice as you please, no hitches whatsoever.

hmmm, ill try that, but i only got a 38mb graphics card ( im to lazy to go get a better one, also my cpu cant handle a higher one :P ) but nevertheless ill try it out, im usually wrong neways...if it doesnt work, im not surprised...i gave a crappy description, so im surprised if Neone can find the problem :P...Meh, if not ill stick with ZdoomGl...

I have problem with textures. Sometime I walk and I see a HOM but it's supposed to be a wall. Sometimes it happens so often that the wad is useless playing since I can't see anything. That happened in Zdoomgl too :(

Darkstalker said:

I have problem with textures. Sometime I walk and I see a HOM but it's supposed to be a wall. Sometimes it happens so often that the wad is useless playing since I can't see anything. That happened in Zdoomgl too :(

Running glBSP over the wad should solve most of these problems. If you have done that and there are still HOMs, then OpenGL obviously just has problems with some features in the wad. This does happen. :(