Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Byeblothingal 1024

How to never lose my work when Doom Builder 2 crashes

I have recently figured out how to never lose my work when Doom Builder 2 crashes & attempts to kick my ass out of the fuckin program like im some fuckin tourist. Follow these VERY few simple steps to not get fucked out of your work;

hold down the "ctrl" key on the keyboard with your pinkey finger & with your other hand; click the " X " on the very top right corner of the error box that would normally close a window. At the very same instant you click the X press the " S " key with your index finger. "CTRL+S" saves the game immediately. If you don't do it in time you get as many chances as you need because it will keep giving you the fatal error window. Every time you click the X button in the corner it stalls out on giving you that same fuckin window for about 1/4 of a second. I usually pull it off on my 2nd or 3rd try. But when you do it right you'll see it save your map when the mouse pointer turns into the little spinning disc. After you have achieved this you can then click "quit" & exit out of the program & when you come back into the map; you'll be right where you left off usually with some lines you have to fix.

Just out of curiosity; to anyone who reads this I just want to know for each reader of this information; how many people out of the total number of readers already knew this exact tactic for saving (not some other tactic) & how many didn't know about this?

There was a tutorial by jmickle66666666 a couple of years ago about this very subject, it included salvaging temporary files. Still, nice from you to be helpful.
(p.s. name your threads a bit more informatively :] )

bzzrak said:

There was a tutorial by jmickle66666666 a couple of years ago about this very subject, it included salvaging temporary files. Still, nice from you to be helpful.
(p.s. name your threads a bit more informatively :] )

Was it the exact same tactic he used?

What I do is save as often as possible, especially after making big changes to a part of something. Also, GZDB is the way to go nowadays. More features and easier to use features already in DB2.