Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AccostedJowel

[release] halls of the damned II, or deimos condensed

Hey all.

I know this wasn't really announced and it's been a week or two since I've uploaded this map to idgames (bless the archive maintainers) but I really want some feedback on this. I'm not one to hype things up. Every map should come out of a vacuum eh?

This is the first full, bona fide Doom map I've done. I've played around with doombuilder a couple times before but this is the first time I've done something I can consider releasable without doing any mental gymnastics to justify any errors. Why I did it is up for internal speculation. My last attempt was the ol' "beginner does a megawad solo" mistake. Those of you who were around 2 years ago might remember. Those of you playing in the zandronum circuit might also remember. Yeah, despite being a learning experience, the product that was that unfinished 'megawad' was straight-up shit. I don't want to make the same mistake of fooling myself with this one. Any and all feedback appreciated.

It was an attempt on my part do start and finish a project all alone. I find myself notoriously slacking when it comes to projects. Took me a good 11 days to finish and on the final stretch I contracted a fever after pulling an all-nighter.

Submitted for your approval, Doomworld. "Halls of the Damned II, or: Deimos Condensed". You find yourself in an abandoned dungeon of a base. An ongoing invasion erupts. Traverse the rooms, blast through a shit-ton of monster ass and get the hell out of there.

WAD info:

Spoiler

iWAD The Ultimate Doom
Build time 11 days.
Map slot E2M6
Does not implement difficulty settings.
Limit removing.
Pistol starts
Multiplayer co-op possible.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Link: