Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainManiac

HELL RETURNS FOR LAST TIME

How did Hell Returns for Last time turn out?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How did Hell Returns for Last time turn out?

• It was TOTAL CRAP
    • It was average,needed more
    • It was good
    • IT WAS GREAT!

Hi.My name is CaptainManiac and i will present you my second map project.It is called HELL RETURNS FOR LAST TIME!
I recently published it in Doomworld forums 2 times,but i am not sure whether it is accepted.It consists of 5 maps only for singleplayer.The Story is:In year of 4599,Earth is a deserted planet,with environment,filled with rocky and deserted areas.Main population consist of marines and soldiers that are off-duty or on a rest.
One of them is Pvt.John Keller.This is his story...

It has soundtrack with songs from Manowar,Avenged Sevenfold and Godsmack.Unfortunately,one of the songs is unused,but was meant to be played.
I hope you will like it.It requires Brutal Doom v20b to play it.
In case the map pack(i mentioned it in other topic too) is not accepted i uploaded it to alternative file host
Here is the link to the map pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/36pu5yjvyyv0vca/HRFLT_fixed.zip
And here is the link to Brutal Doom v20b:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/brutal-doom-v20b-main-file-only
Hope you wil lenjoy playing this map pack,rate it fairly and also call me Batman if the concept is bad

CaptainManiac said:

I recently published it in Doomworld forums 2 times,

You mean the /idgames archive, which isn't actually part of Doomworld, see point 3 in this thread.

CaptainManiac said:

but i am not sure whether it is accepted.

Apparently not.

OK so I played this for like 2 seconds before stumbling into a major problem....

http://imgur.com/a/XVxaQ

The pit in the starting room with all the weapons and the suit of armor you cannot jump out of if you go down or accidently fall down. Did you even test this out before releasing?

In the Map01 pit in turn look at the wall in your back and press Use to thrust upwards.Bash Use until you reach high and go forward immediately
In Map02 the Evil Doomguy from the start can be killed by firing plasma at him and dodging his attacks and keep constant fire at him.Also aim quickly because he is the same speed as the player and do not get too close,because you will be easier target.
Then throw a grenade at the base and get out and leave most of the monsters to infight.
In map03 after going to the portal kill the monsters with cheat 100 times and jump into the lava.It will damage you and end the level
In map04 you need to climb the first ledge.To see what part of the ledge can be climbed i deliberately misaligned its texture.But on the land there are many arachnotrons and in the Air is full of Cacos.Use Plasmagun or BFG.On the top the 4 heresy lords need to be defeated to reach 100% killing.Use minigun or BFG if posible
Map05 first kill the Cyberdemon with rockets,it will teleport you to the arena with the "Satan's true form",which is basically an Afrit.Defeat him and proceed to finish

CaptainManiac said:

It has soundtrack with songs from Manowar,Avenged Sevenfold and Godsmack.

This is apparently the reason why /idgames didn't accept it. Lose the music and it'll probably go up.

WildWeasel said:

... Lose the music ...

Or try to find MIDI versions of the songs, and use those instead. We, as /idgames maintainers, apologize for the inconvenience, but with how ridiculously protective record labels can be, we're not taking chances with commercial music.

(Also, as mentioned earlier, "the /idgames archive" and "the Doomworld forums" are indeed wholly separate entities, which elaborated in item 3 of the /idgames FAQ. Also, please read README.INCOMING on the server before you upload your WAD again.)

I used the music from videos witn lyrics or cover.I will try to replace the commersial songs with MIDI versions of them.Also i will make walkthrough video of my map pack,because i see that the gameplay is complicated due to the number o'monsters and the places that need to be climbed,but are not marked with sign

The WAD is really unplayable at the highest difficulty for most maps,because the most of the monsters are translucent.Too many monsters are great danger.I need to fix many stuff

If it's unplayable at UV, balance it out by adding more supplies and removing some of the monsters. Nobody likes an impossible map set.

OK,TOMORROW WILL BE THE FINAL RELEASE OF HELL RETURNS FOR LAST TIME.
It has its own title and main menu graphic
In map01 you still need to use the wall on the pit that faces the door to climb back
The Evilmarines in map02 are 3 now.The first greets you and the last two are barricaded.Also the Pinkies' ambush is real now.
The commersial music is replaced by their MIDI variants.One song couldn't have MIDI variant and i replaced it with song that has MIDI variant.
In map03 there is no spam of thousand monsters,the spawnpoints are reduced to 3.
In map04 the monsters are reduced,but it is still hard to play.First you climb the river of blood,then on the lowest rock is a wall with misaligned texture that is use for climbing
In map05 the BOSSes are waiting and after finishing 'em just jump into the portal where the REAL Final Boss came from

CaptainManiac said:

In map01 you still need to use the wall on the pit that faces the door to climb back

If you need to write this out, then it's not obvious and will result in many players getting stuck.

I tried to run this wad with v20b of Brutal, but it didn't work. Oddly enough when I just ran the wad by itself, everything seemed fine in the latest version of GZDoom.

Since I'm somewhat interested in Brutal Doom designed wads, I may consider playing this sometime despite the....questionable presentation of the in-game text from my little preview earlier.

On 8/21/2016 at 9:43 PM, dobu gabu maru said:

No Disturbed?!

Well,sorry for I am replying just now,man,i didn't listen to Disturbed by this time.I also try this map and,it is really hardass