Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
igg

The new Icon of Sin (spoliers)

Is the new Icon of Sin a Demon or a structure/symbol/weapon?

The Wraiths Codex Entry 3/3 says: "and the Icon of Sin was brought upon the heathens".

The Necropolis Codex Entry 2/2 says: "Imagine yourself worshipping before the Icon of Sin [...] as it sleeps till the Call of Ages comes".

Maybe there's an indirect mention in Slayers Testament V Codes entry: "The Great One, a campion mightier than all [...] The Titan, of immeaseruble power and felocity [...] but there fell the Titan".

This post by Emerson Tung made me think that The Titan of Slayers Testament V is indeed the Icon of Sin from Doom 2:

"It was really fun to redesign something that was so iconic (no pun intended) from DOOM II. We tried to keep as much of the spirit of the original, making it recognizable while putting our own spin on him. Here he lies dormant in the heart of the Necropolis, waiting for the opportune time to rise again"

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-doom-art-teases-story-stuff-the-icon-of-sin/

So it refers to a demon as a weapon? "Icon of Sin was brought upon the heathens" -> the "demon spawner" was brought to them.

"as it sleeps till the Call of Ages comes" -> until a new conquest starts and the demon who spawns demons is required again.

...remember that Necropolis codex refers to that place as "probably"another realm absorbed in to the hell realm as architecture seems like nothing seen before in hell realm as if it were native to that realm...maybe icon of sin indeed is some kind of hell super weapon and this happened much latter then to the Argent d'nut world.They invoke him when they consume worlds etc. in this case "what ever world there was before Necropolis" as icon of sin also "rests" there.There is also another gigantic "beast" skeleton in the abyss of Necropolis level, below in the mists...probablly just a background thing.

if u think of it I love the name...what is nastier to betray entire civilisation for ur dead son...but then again this doesnt sounds right.I know codex reads like it but i just can not think that Doomslayer would betray everything for his dead son...and made a deal with his arch enemys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erkmtUkr2z4

blackgoblinmagic said:

I know codex reads like it but i just can not think that Doomslayer would betray everything for his dead son...and made a deal with his arch enemys.

I don't think Doomslayer is the Betrayer. Earlier in the codex it's said Doomslayer didn't survive Armageddon (= Judgement Day?) and started to hunt demons. For me this sounds like God started Judgement Day, Doomslayer was bad and sent to hell, Doomslayer realized Sin was a fraud and started his revenge against the one who betrayed him (Satan and his followers).