Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last night I saw Signs and Regin of Fire at the drive in. Reign of Fire sucked ass, but Signs is like one of the best new movies I've seen in a couple years. I just have to rant a little about it.

I think M. Knight Sahayman (can't spell his name) may be one of my favorite directors eventualy. This movie was probably the first movie to creep me out in years. I mean, it really spooked me. I don't want to give away anything about the movie, so I won't say much.

Unlike most alien invasion movies, this was from only a couple people's perspectives, so anything they didn't see you wouldn't either. This just added to the terror and suspense. And also the coolest part of the movie is when you first see an alien. Okay, thats all I'm going to say.

Go see it!

Not heard of it... but then again, we don't hear much bout films in the UK til like the week before they're released.

Well, not unless they're Star Wars or Spiderman...

Yeah, Time or something said M. Night Shamayan or whatever his name is is possibly the next Spielberg.

Your talking about the movie with Mel Gibson in it right? the one with the crop circles? I was thinking about seeing that. I liked Unbreakable, and I would have enjoyed the sixth sense more if some IDIOT hadn't blown the ending.

RailGunner said:

i might see XXX next weekend.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

Anyway, some jackass blew the ending to 6th sense for me as well, but it's a damn good mive and I've seen it about 4 times now. Unbreakable was good, not great, but it had an awesome primace. Signs may be better than 6th sense...I dunno, its pretty much a tie.

RailGunner said:

*ahem*TRIPLE X

i hated the 6th sense. it was BORING!!!

You have a horrible, horrible taste in movies, young man. I guess that you need ACTION ACTION ACTION to keep your ADD infected mind from wandering into weird psychadelic dreams involving older men and giant bunny rabbits.

yeah, i'll probaly go see signs, it looks pretty cool. also, it's the only good movie out there from what i have seen in previews. i certainly won't spend 10 bucks on austin powers or triple x.

gatewatcher said:

yeah, i'll probaly go see signs, it looks pretty cool. also, it's the only good movie out there from what i have seen in previews. i certainly won't spend 10 bucks on austin powers or triple x.

Austin Powers was the funniest movie I've seen in a while.

ZarcyB said:

Austin Powers was the funniest movie I've seen in a while.

Really? I've heard it's the least funny of the three.

Note that I said "in a while". The first two were hilarious.

the_Danarchist said:

Anyway, some jackass blew the ending to 6th sense for me as well

Yeh some guy did it for Titanic with me :(

Austin Powers was almost funny. It managed to just be cringe-worthy.

AP2 ... more of the same. Fecal matter brewing was when I stopped watching it.

AP3 ... not even going to bother.

ZarcyB said:

Note that I said "in a while". The first two were hilarious.

Yeah, Mike Myers is a genius. Wayne's World is one of the funniest movies ever.

fodders said:

Yeh some guy did it for Titanic with me :(

Yeah, but you're talking about the actual boat, not the movie ;)

Star Wars Ep 3 is gonna suck. Everybody knows how that ends.

I haven't been to a movie theater since Out Cold. I'm pathetic.

bigbadgangsta said:

Yeah, but you're talking about the actual boat, not the movie ;)

Heheheh, strange to say my grandad was supposed to be on it, but missed his train.

signs looks good. my brother saw it and recomended it. austin powers 3 was funnier than the second one, but not as funny as the first. I'm waiting for the two towers and the hulk.

Heh

I saw K-19: The Widowmaker a few weeks ago. Great movie, if you love looking at guys asses and facial radiation burns.

My grade ten english class did a project involving "The 6th sense" last year. We watched the movie so many times that I will never watch it again. Nor can I stand the phrase "I see dead people" anymore.

it's M. Night Shyamalan, fools.

My back hurts.

[QUOTE]IMJack said:
[B]Star Wars Ep 3 is gonna suck. Everybody knows how that ends.

Ah, but didn't everybody also know how Titanic ended?

Boat sinks. Oh well.

And it did very well in the box office.

ZarcyB said:

And it did very well in the box office.

Yeah, I know. And Episode 3: Attack of the Phantom Foreshadowing is gonna shatter every box office record out there. I just want something that's worth seeing and hoping for, is all.

Austin Powers 3 had its moments... but the ending completely ruined the entire series. Honestly, they could have not made a worse conclusion... total garbage... people in the theatre were booing even. Signs was pretty cool, the previews really make it sound cheesy, but it was actually very well done. It was almost like a comedy/horror. I am expecting the next Star Wars to be the best of the 3 prequels just because we know that it will be a more dark movie as opposed to the happyfuntime episode 1. XXX looks to be just a fun movie to watch non-stop explosions and guns and sex.. I'm definately going to see that one lol

Episode III will probably be depressing and uplifting at the same time...

Bad Stuff
1)Palpatine gets declared Emperor and sees no reason to hide his alter-ego of Darth Sidious.
2)Obi-Wan knocks Anakin into a molten pit, leaving the brat dismembered and he becomes Darth Vader.
3)Empire comes into power and starts beating the shit out of the Jedi.

Good Stuff
1)Luke and Leia probably born.
2)Probably will also see the formation of the Rebel Alliance.
3)With any luck, Jar Jar Binks will be brutally gutted.

Murr...

3)With any luck, Jar Jar Binks will be brutally gutted.

Actually, I hear that Lucas is making yet more alterations to Episode 4, and one of these is supposedly an appearance by everyone's least favourite SW chatacter :( (Which obviously would mean he doesn't die in EP3).

It will also supposedly include a still living Padmé Amidala somewhere or other in the film, and Leia's father, Bail Organa, watching Alderaan be destroyed (i.e. he now survives the explosion).

NiGHTMARE said:

Nightmare's soul-crushing information

Oh. My. God.
If i get my hands on that George Lucas, i'll shave his beard off, cover his testicles in breadcrumbs and set the pigeons on him.

the_Danarchist said:

And also the coolest part of the movie is when you first see an alien.

That scared the CRAP out of me.
The creatures themselves were very well done. They were quite different from your usual movie monsters (both appearance and behavior). Beyond that though, I thought the story itself was very good. The characters acted exactly as anyone would if aliens were to land, hiding and scared shitless.