Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

War on Holland and Iraq..

Wow, just heard Bush will declare war to Iraq in a couple of weeks.
It's not just a rumour, I read it on a couple of credible Dutch news-sites. If this is true, Bush is now officially, the most dumb creature on this planet. First he signs a law, which makes it possible for US troops to declare war on the Netherlands (where I live, a NATO-country!!!!), to be able to get US soldiers out of The Hague, because they could be sued couse of warcrimes. That is insane..
Other countries are blamed for it's warcrimes by the USA, but when the USA can be blamed for warcrimes, they quickly sign a law, which makes it possible to get US forces back to it's own country with force.
How hypocrite can a country be?

But what's even worse, is that he'll probably declare war on Iraq in a few weeks, because Mr. Bush wants a little more power in this world.

9/11 was one of the most horrible terrorist attacks in a long time, but what worries me the most is that Mr. Bush will provoke a hundred more of those attacks by signing stupid laws and attacking other countries.. What a great way to destroy a planet. GO BUSH GO!

Disorder said:

But what's even worse, is that he'll probably declare war on Iraq in a few weeks, because Mr. Bush wants a little more power in this world.

if he declares war on iraq it will be because sadaam has made bio/weapons and will most likely sell them to terrorist organizations that will use them on US targets. he won't attack for more power, becuase he won't get it.

can you put up a link to this netherlands war thing? i want to read that, heh.

and railgunner, shut up. saying a few stupid words as a reply isn't an opinion, it's retarded. so stop, your post count is high enough.

RailGunner said:

oh come on. fucking retard.

Maybe people like you should live out of America for a while and see different stories (real stories)..

can you put up a link to this netherlands war thing? i want to read that, heh.

I could, but it's all in Dutch.
Maybe it's on CNN or something..

Put the link up anyway. I know of a translator that can, well, translate it (or at least attempt to). It's not perfect, so you might get some kind of Zero Wing effect (All your base are belong to us, etc.) Then hopefully I can tell you the link to the translated site so you can edit it.

RailGunner said:

BBC News gives really in-depth news. unfortunatly us americans ONLY GIVE UNCLASSIFIED INFO!!!

what in the hell are you talking about now? why don't you go bother bbg in the general forum.

Ichor said:

Put the link up anyway. I know of a translator that can, well, translate it (or at least attempt to). It's not perfect, so you might get some kind of Zero Wing effect (All your base are belong to us, etc.) Then hopefully I can tell you the link to the translated site so you can edit it.

The original link is gone.
It's 'old news' already. I do have the original text though..
It's in Dutch, so a translation-site would be usefull for non-Dutch people here..

Vrijdag heeft de Amerikaanse president George Bush de 'Den Haag-invasiewet' ondertekend. De wet maakt het de Amerikaanse president mogelijk Amerikanen gewapenderhand uit handen van het Internationaal Strafhof (ICC) in Den Haag te bevrijden.

De 'Den Haag-invasiewet', die officieel de Wet voor de Bescherming van Mensen in Amerikaanse Dienst (ASPA) heet, was vorige week al goedgekeurd door Senaat en Huis van Afgevaardigden. De wet geeft Bush het recht ,,alle noodzakelijke middelen'' in te zetten om Amerikanen uit ICC-cellen te bevrijden.

Het Internationale strafhof is op 1 juli in Den Haag van start gegaan en zal, als alles gaat volgens planning, volgend jaar operationeel zijn. Het nieuwe hof krijgt bevoegdheid voor oorlogsmisdaden, misdaden tegen de mensheid en genocide (volkenmoord), net als de huidige VN-tribunalen. Het ICC moet echter uiteindelijk wereldwijde bevoegdheid krijgen, terwijl de huidige VN-strafhoven alleen over ex-Joegoslavië en Rwanda gaan.

De Verenigde Staten, die de oprichting van het Joegoslavië-en het Rwanda-Tribunaal hadden gesteund, zijn echter fel tegen het ICC omdat zij bang zijn dat er ooit Amerikanen zullen worden aangeklaagd.

In Nederland is op de plannen voor de 'Den Haag-invasiewet' met verontwaarding gereageerd. Menigeen vindt het ongepast om een bevriend land te bedreigen met de mogelijkheid van militair ingrijpen.

That's it..

Wouldn't you know it? It had to be one of the languages this thing doesn't support. Oh well... I'll keep looking for a better one.

Oh by the way, I feel like adding this.
I have nothing against American civilians, in fact, some of 'em are like friends to me, but I do have a problem with the current American government and it's policies..

Ok. I think I have it. It looks messy, though.

Friday the ' pine Haag-invasiewet ' signed the American president George Bush. The law makes it American president possible Americans gewapenderhand from hands of the international sentence court (ICC) The Hague to deliver.

The ' pine Haag-invasiewet ', the that official law for the protection of men in American woman service (ASPA) be called, previous week was approved already by senate and lives of delegates. The law gives Bush it straight, all necessary resources '' commitment in order Americans from ICC-cellen to deliver.

The international sentence court is gone on 1 July in The Hague of start and, if everything go according to planning, next year operational is. The new court gets competence for war crime, crime against the humanity and genocide (nation assassination), just like current VN-tribunalen. However it ICC must eventually worldwide competence gets, whereas current VN-strafhoven only concerning ex-Joegoslavië and Rwanda go.

However the United States, the that establishment of Joegoslavië-en Rwanda-Tribunaal had supported, are fel it ICC because she is frightened that it ever Americans will be accused.

In the Netherlands on the plans the ' pine Haag-invasiewet ' is reacted with verontwaarding. Menigeen finds it inappropriate in order threaten a bevriend country to with the possibility of soldier intervenes.

Ichor said:

Ok. I think I have it. It looks messy, though.

Friday the ' pine Haag-invasiewet ' signed the American president George Bush. The law makes it American president possible Americans gewapenderhand from hands of the international sentence court (ICC) The Hague to deliver.

The ' pine Haag-invasiewet ', the that official law for the protection of men in American woman service (ASPA) be called, previous week was approved already by senate and lives of delegates. The law gives Bush it straight, all necessary resources '' commitment in order Americans from ICC-cellen to deliver.

The international sentence court is gone on 1 July in The Hague of start and, if everything go according to planning, next year operational is. The new court gets competence for war crime, crime against the humanity and genocide (nation assassination), just like current VN-tribunalen. However it ICC must eventually worldwide competence gets, whereas current VN-strafhoven only concerning ex-Joegoslavië and Rwanda go.

However the United States, the that establishment of Joegoslavië-en Rwanda-Tribunaal had supported, are fel it ICC because she is frightened that it ever Americans will be accused.

In the Netherlands on the plans the ' pine Haag-invasiewet ' is reacted with verontwaarding. Menigeen finds it inappropriate in order threaten a bevriend country to with the possibility of soldier intervenes.

A lot of work still needs to be done to improve those translationsites :)
'Den', as in 'Den Haag', means nothing, but 'Den' alone means 'Pine'.
It translated Den Haag (The Hague) into Pine Haag, ROFL.
Trust me, it's really messy..

It was the only one I found that can actually do this. It looks hideous, but I think I get the general idea about this. This all has to do with that ICC that was formed recently.

Ichor said:

It was the only one I found that can actually do this. It looks hideous, but I think I get the general idea about this. This all has to do with that ICC that was formed recently.

True. The American government really loved the idea of a tribunal against warcrimes in the beginning. But now, they realised it can turn against the US now, so President Bush signed a law which makes it possible to attack Holland (A fellow-NATO-country) to get US soldiers back to the USA.

That's pretty much it..

I doubt anyone is going to attack Holland. Not now, not when Europe becomes the R...never mind, not for a quite a long time. Most of the action will be around Israel.

Most if not all "Western" countries have the power to forcibly repatriate it's forces. America baulked at signing up to the international war crimes legislation because of fear that some unscrupulous regime may make frivalous accusations, although America would be safe as in the agreement the home country has the power to investigate accusations, it's only if they ignore the accusations that the international body would investigate, so I don't know what America's fear was.

Yes Bush will declare war on Iraq soon, backed by Tony Blair, probably in October, (was suspected to be in September but there's some elections in America around then?).

I just don't understand Bush's last statement about Iraq, paraphrasing it goes "We cannot allow a person to have access to weapons of mass destruction...(Bush has access) that may use those weapons, (America has used them already), and we will use all tools at our disposal (nukes) to ensure he doesn't use them...now I read this as "He may use nukes, so we will use nukes to ensure he don't use nukes"...strange mind set there.

The difference is that Saddam is just plain nuts. If someone can use chemical weapons on his own people, what do you think he who hates the US and Israel about as much as Bin Laden will do with nuclear or other such weapons?

i don't think we will declare war on iraq, it will probaly be a "police action" if anything.

about the nukes fods, i don't think comparing the US to Iraq is appropriate, imho. we used small nukes (by today's standards) to save american, british, and australian lives which would have been lost invading japan. Sadaam would use nukes to keep his dictatorship on a country which would be more than happy to have a democracy, from what i've heard.

fodders said:

I just don't understand Bush's last statement about Iraq, paraphrasing it goes "We cannot allow a person to have access to weapons of mass destruction...(Bush has access) that may use those weapons, (America has used them already), and we will use all tools at our disposal (nukes) to ensure he doesn't use them...now I read this as "He may use nukes, so we will use nukes to ensure he don't use nukes"...strange mind set there.

Look, Shrub may be stupid, but he isn't that stupid, fods, and there are a lot of people paid good money to make sure he doesn't try to play the nuke card. If Bush had the power and ambition to use nuclear weapons, Afghanistan would already be a glassine crater from his proposed "bunker-buster" nukes from a few years back. It's true that America is responsible for the only two nuclear attacks in history, and it's true that the DoD has their "we reserve the right to use nuke/bio/chem weapons first", but they're not actually crazy enough to do it. MAD is still in effect, and always will be in effect. Nobody wants to be responsible for wiping out the human race*, no matter how many votes it might earn in the short-term.

*except maybe ShadyXMR

Bush is playing a game. That game is called 'Risk'. He will only be happy when he sees the screen that says "GAME OVER; YOU WIN; HIT THE A BUTTON REPEATEDLY WITH YOUR PENIS TO PLAY AGAIN".

I wish I was never a part of the god damn human race.

Anyway, America sucks ass and I hope like Hell he doesn't restart the draft becaus I am not fucking killing anyone in cold blood for any reason whatsoever. Its my right as a human to choose not to.

Oil is such a huge need by the American market.
American allies in Europe and the Middle East have all opposed a war against Iraq. Yet the Bush administration is literally frothing at the mouth over the Iraq issue. The State Department's John Bolton said at the recent biological weapons conference in Geneva, Switzerland, that "the most serious concern is Iraq."

To attack Iraq over its possible bio-chemical stockpiles and nuclear ambitions appears flimsy. That same Bush administration sabotaged the review conference of the 1972 Biological and Toxic Weapons Convention when it proposed "the termination of a group drafting proposed enforcement rules."
This group, called the Ad Hoc negotiating committee, was supposed to give the arms treaty a mechanism of enforcement supported by all the signers except the United States. Washington opposed "because of the inspection system it would have to set up."
Supposedly, it would have exposed its industrial and military facilities to espionage.

"They have fired a missile at the conference," said one angry European diplomat.

This lack of respect for international law begs the question: If the United States insists on enforcing only certain inspections for certain countries, then what is the real reason for wanting inspectors in Iraq?

The reason is oil.

In 1972, the present government, run by the Ba'ath party, nationalized its oil industry after four years in power. Iraq has the Middle East's second largest oil reserves after Saudi Arabia, so it was no small feat.

Iraq also has one of the strongest militaries in the Gulf, next to Iran. Its invasion of Kuwait in 1990 demonstrated how a militarily-powerful Iraq could threaten American control over the world's largest oil reserves.

Oil is the reason for the war in Afghanistan. The country provides the shortest and cheapest outlet for Central Asian oil, which American oil conglomerate Unocal tried capitalizing on in 1998. Protests against the proposed pipeline project from groups like Feminist Majority ended that notion.

Once again, Afghani and Iraqi lives in return for oil is an acceptable price to pay.

fodders said:

The reason is oil.

thats what make the world go round. right? fossil fuels are the shit. they only make money for the fat cats and ruin our planet. look, I aint no tree hugger, but come on. there are way better ways to power our cars and heat our homes. the gummint just won't pass legislation to use them. thats where a lot of the money comes from.

heh, got into a whole discussion bout that today. I smoke once a month, but thats a drug. hemp is an untapped resource that was retardedly made illegal. there was a canadian company that specialized in hemp products and imported to america. earlier this year they sent a shipment of birdseed that contained sterilized hemp seed in it. it was confiscated by border patrol. thats just retarded. sterile bird seed. but hey, our govt. knows best.