Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackMetalChainsaw

(Work In Progress) My very first wad....

I learned mapping from the best, thought I would try it out. Contact me with any issues please. I had a lot of fun making this, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
5 Complete maps and a secret.
(The wad continues with Doom2, since it was a demo I didn't bother changing it)
Also I didn't include a readme file because there isn't much to say... I included it all here.

Requires ZDoom or Zandronum to work, Doom 2. Jumping and crouching is allowed but not required. It's preferred to run it with Brutal Doom because Invisibility spheres will make more sense if they are replaced by the captured marines.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?mvawv634e44vvnh

Screenshots:

Spoiler

The design for this map is really solid man. I look forward to more releases from you in the future. Nice work.

Thank you very much! I will be attempting a mega wad, it's construction begins as you are reading this. I will be adding lots of new stuff to it, I am making my own textures and what not. Thank you so much for playing. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it!

Do not forget to fix the obvious texture alignments in Doom Builder's 3D mode by hitting "A".

Glaice said:

Do not forget to fix the obvious texture alignments in Doom Builder's 3D mode by hitting "A".

Yeah the alignment of the bricks over the stairs in pic #2 stands out like a sore thumb.

More subtle but just as important would be the bricks on the side with the metal bars just being slightly off of the bricks with the gargoyle face at the top of them in pic #1.

Looks great BMC! There are some texture misalignments here and there, but overall, it's pretty good. Waiting for the full release.

@Mr.Enchanter How did you made the marine put on the helmet in PB, as shown at the beginning of your video?

Zapzop said:

Looks great BMC! There are some texture misalignments here and there, but overall, it's pretty good. Waiting for the full release.

@Mr.Enchanter How did you made the marine put on the helmet in PB, as shown at the beginning of your video?

Dev Version of PB, it will be added in the next update.

Thank you all for your feedback! I just fixed a few issues and changed the link if you want to try it out again.
I fixed the 3D areas in the second map so that they show up properly, I also fixed the textures that were faulty.
The screenshot of the marble texture was taken a long time ago (I forgot how long ago)... I have since fixed the textures that were misaligned in the map.
Thanks!