Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GodOfGaming

Doom 3 HD textures problems

Hello,

I've modded Doom 3 with sikkmod 1.2, monoxead HR textures, wulfen texture pack 2.0, and the POM textures provided with sikkmod, and game looks great for the most part, but at some places textures are completely fucked up, for example in the place where you first fight the mancubi, here's a pic:

The same thing is happening in outside Mars terrain. Is there any way to fix this?

If your PC has onboard (integrated) graphics, you might want to make sure that the computer isn't using that one as the primary graphics driver. That's the only explanation I can think of.

(Thanks, Graf Zahl.)

No, I'm using a desktop PC, the integrated graphics card is fully disabled, so I'm using an AMD HD7950. I've renamed the doom3.exe to avoid the catalyst AI problem. Do you mean that you've played trough the game with the same mods and did not have this problem?

Something in the glprogs folder causes textures to stretch for some reason. Disabling POM should fix it or at least it did for me.

general_207, you're right, it is indeed the POM. In fact I tested all other parallax versions provided with sikkmod just now, and POM, Relief, and Steep Parallax all cause this problem, only the standard Parallax and Parallax with offset limiting seem to work fine, but don't look nearly as good. Is this some sort of incompatibility with my PC, or everyone is having this problem?

ok, as it turns out, there's updated parallax files for sikkmod, the file is sikkmod_v1.2-D3_glprogs_fix.rar, but all links to it seem to be dead...

P.S. welp, managed to dig it out, but it did not fix the problem