Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Zdoom, how to make ammo items respawn in coop or deathmatch ?

Hello guys,

I look at decorate but I dont find any flags or something to make every ammo type respawn after picking them up in coop play. I put a lot of monsters in a map and we are running out of ammo quickly lol and weapons dont come with ammo ? I mean, the player that is out of ammo and already oicked up the shotgun, if he walk over the item shotgun again nothing happen ?

Thanks for your help :)

Look at the ZDoom DMFlags. Items respawn, Double Ammo, or even Infinite Ammo might be just what you're looking for. You can set these flags when you set up your server, or in the server console.

Also, you might like how easy it is to set up and join a coop server in Zandronum, using Doomseeker, which is bundled with Zandronum.

I try respawntics but nothing change, I also found inventory.alwaysrespawn that is available from 2.8.1 version and when I run the game I get the error message that actor property is unknown ?

Mewdoom said:

I also found inventory.alwaysrespawn that is available from 2.8.1 version and when I run the game I get the error message that actor property is unknown ?

And which port of which version did you use? Also, it's not a property, but a flag, so if you want to set it, preceed it with a + sign, like "+inventory.alwaysrespawn".

Aaah ok :) I will try it that way, I use windows version.

That bring me to a question, there is a way to just copy paste the original script and use it to modify some things or if we have no choice to specify our Actor is replacing the original ? I have to create a misc name each time and add" ammo replaces ammo" as example ? Because when I use the original decorate as is, I have warning that say its declared twice...

Mewdoom said:

Aaah ok :) I will try it that way, I use windows version.

I meant the port name (like ZDoom) and version number (like 2.8.1), but OK.

Mewdoom said:

That bring me to a question, there is a way to just copy paste the original script and use it to modify some things or if we have no choice to specify our Actor is replacing the original ? I have to create a misc name each time and add" ammo replaces ammo" as example ? Because when I use the original decorate as is, I have warning that say its declared twice...

Read the yellow box at the top of every zdoom wiki page that contains a DECORATE definition (like this one). Basically, you only use DECORATE to define new actors, possibly inheriting from existing actors (using ": <classname>" in the actor header) and/or replacing existing actors as they're spawned in maps (using "replaces <classname>" in the actor header - this is an independent concept from ": <classname>"). But you don't use DECORATE to make the engine actually forget about an existing actor's definition and (even just partly) replace it with your own one - the engine needs to keep already existing actors (as defined by their classnames) as they are. Defining a new actor with a new name and combining inheritance (": <classname>") and replacing ("replaces <classname>") in its definition gives you a possibility to "simulate" actually replacing an existing actor with a new one - from the player's standpoint, that's what will happen (actors with modified behavior will appear in place of standard ones), just not from the engine's standpoint.

Thanks a lot, everything is working well now :)

I use zdoom version 2.8.1 with the flat alwaysrespawn and my ammo's respawn everytime :)

I notice it doesnt apply for ammo that is "dropped" from monsters like ZombieMan ...