Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Duke Nukem Countdown?

So apparently the official Duke Nukem Website has some strange countdown going on that counts down until September 2nd.

So What are your thoughts on this? New Duke Nukem game, Duke Nukem 3D Remake or port?

New game? Yep.

Its a strange year. Old classic coming back to life.

Sonic Mania

Doom 2016

Quake Champions

Blood (the whole team together AND quoting "he lives... Again"? Too good to be false)

And now Duke Nukem.

What next? Descent (i want this so badly, but it won't happen)?

Oh yeah, Duke's comin' back to town to kick some ass and chew bubblegum, except he's all out of gum.
That's why i always bet on Duke.
Other than that i look foward to what it is.

Weren't they re-releasing Duke3D on Steam again? I have the Megaton Edition but it was pulled from the store earlier this year. Apparently it will have extra features and whatnot. Maybe more along the lines of Shadow Warrior Redux.

god damn...gearbox, you did so well with the half-life expansions, why couldn't you do the same with duke nukem forever?

DNF was designed by a guy that wanted to be "trending topic" so he kept chaning style and engines. Gearbox got a pile of crap to work with.... They can't make miracles.

Plus let's be honest Duke was always annoying and they knew it... That's why you can mute Mr Nukem....

There is some snazzy lighting in those screenshots. Looks better than the shadow warrior redux version (I guess it's using an opengl port of build).

Voros said:

New game? Yep.

Its a strange year. Old classic coming back to life.

Sonic Mania

Doom 2016

Quake Champions

Blood (the whole team together AND quoting "he lives... Again"? Too good to be false)

And now Duke Nukem.

What next? Descent (i want this so badly, but it won't happen)?

They're making a new Blood?! Holy fuckin' shit! That's awesome! Where'd you hear about it?

It's from Jace Hall's twitter. It's a photo of him and some of the original Lith team.

Nothing actually announced, only hinted.

it would be nice to see Claw returning too from them, though i have no idea if the rights of that game is with someone else.

Boy I hope they give you guys a monetized source port and all the screenshots are just showcasing some custom Build levels that were built in the 2000s :P

Touchdown said:

How about making a proper new Duke game instead of vomiting another fucking nostalgia-driven re-release?

It's Gearbox. If they just rerelease some shovelware DukeZone CD from the 1990s it'll be of much greater quality than if they try doing something new.