Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainManiac

I need help with an sector ACS in a map

Ok,here is the problem:
I want to make a sector activate its special when a specified item is put in the sector.I want to make the effect from Serious Sam:First Encounter where player can get an item and put in in a specified monument and for example,if the three artifacts
are put in the specified places(sectors) a door to open or lower a lift or open a big teleporter.Is there any tutorial about that?

I don't think there'd be tutorials for something so uncommon and specific as what you describe. But if you want to trigger some action when a particular object enters a particular sector, write an ACS script that would run an infinite loop with ThingCountNameSector to repeatedly check presence of the object in the sector, and once the check is successful, the script would do the action and terminate itself.

Another way would be to have a script that runs when you pick up the item, changing an integer say from 0 to 1, then another script which runs when you walk over a line near the destination that checks to see what the integer is, and only runs when it's 1. If you did it this way you wouldn't need a script running the entire time.

Or combine the 2, and have an "Enter Sector" special thing in the destination sector that will execute a script every time something enters the sector, and the script would call CheckActorClass (or maybe just ActivatorTID) to check if the activator is of the correct type / has the right TID, and if yes, do something more.