Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyTheWolf

Looking for ambient score Doom II addons

When playing mapsets that feature dark, atmospheric and complex levels such as Back to Saturn X, I like to use music addons featuring Aubrey Hodges' Doom 64 and Playstation soundtracks, as I find them to fit the levels better. However, since they are the only ones I know of, I am getting a bit sick of them.

Does anyone know of other Doom II soundtrack addons that feature a similar type of ambient score? Is there such thing as EpiQuake for Doom II? Any Quake 64/Quake II 64 addons out there?

Thanks in advance!

There's plenty of them.

Doom Ambience Pack:This is a mix between Doom 3's and Quake's ambience. It's the first thing I think of besides the Hodges score. Plus it comes with some nice Quake styled text screens!

Hell's Ambiance:I believe this one has music from Jaxxoon R and Kevin Macleod.

Creepy Ambient Industrial Sound:Just what it says on the tin. You'll hear random clanking and "industrial" noises, along with groaning, screaming, and more!

There is a bunch more of these packs on Brutal Doom's ModDB, but I haven't/don't want to try them out.

EDIT: *smack* How could I forget Sepulcher Black? It's a bit weird, since you'll be dipping from clear melodies to actual ambience a lot, but it's still a good pack.