Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Gene Wilder Dead at 83

Gene Wilder, the movie star who played roles in films such as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), Young Frankenstein (1974) and Blazing Saddles (1974) has died at the age of 83. It's also sad for me as I have always remembered him as Willy Wonka as I really loved that movie growing up. My condolences go to his friends and family.

Go here for more information:
http://www.thewrap.com/gene-wilder-willy-wonka-and-blazing-saddles-star-dies-at-83/

Damn, sad news indeed - Gene played some very memorable roles through his career. RIP!

awww shit...that's horrible ):
he was one of my favorite actors from the 60s and 70s, especially young frankenstein and willy wonka. it really sucks to see an actor that you grew up on die...especially from such an awful disease.

god i hate 2016

Damn, sucks for the loss, but atleast this one was because of age, not because of other contributing factors.
I didn't see much of his stuff, but Wonka was the one I liked.. Until my younger bro drove it into the ground by playing everytime it was on.

I just heard about this; I didn't realise he was as old as he was, but if we could all be so fortunate to live to 83 I think it'd be a blessing. I'll always remember him as a very funny, talented actor. My thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

Does suck, but he was old.

He as Willy Wonka in the Chocolate Factory was one of the most genuinely heartwarming and feel-good experiences I've had in my life.

This is really bad news, this guy was an epic actor. This scene from Willy Wonka is one of the most memorable things i've ever seen:

That's some badass acting here.

Sad news indeed. RIP.

By the way, I remember seeing a movie (a looong time ago), starring this guy, but I'm not sure. Anyway, HEAVY SPOILERS (specifically the movie ending):

Spoiler

I remember very little, but if I'm not mistaken, this guy (Gene Wilder) dies at the end (IIRC) while in the background there's the Beatles' "When I'm 64" playing, but I haven't find the movie again. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly? I hope someone can point me in the right direction...