Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koros

Does anyone have these Quake 2 Doom levels?

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/q2.htm

All the links here are dead.

Heres a video showing off the Knee Deep In The Dead episode.

I would like the complete set. I have googled and googled and could not find shit.
You would think something of this caliber would have been archived better in 2016.

speckygingerweapon said:

although to be honest, those levels don't look all that great.

From skimming through the video he provided they look to be as close to a 1:1 recreation of KDITD as you can get out of a Quake 2 mod honestly. I've had my fair share of playing these various remakes of classic Doom maps but would actually be interested in adding this to my mod/map collection.

speckygingerweapon said:

http://www.gamefront.com/games/quake-2/downloads

Try looking through this archive, although to be honest, those levels don't look all that great.

I looked through those files. Didn't see anything.

I was hoping someone would either have some of these levels backed up o their external HD or know of a site that has the files.

Jimp Argon said:

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/q2.htm
I would like the complete set. I have googled and googled and could not find shit.
You would think something of this caliber would have been archived better in 2016.

Looks like it was originally hosted as an independent work on Doomworld way back in 1999. Last snapshot of that site is from 2004-2005 and the links had already been dead at that point.

The AtomicGamer links were the next best bet - even though they had shut down not too long ago, they were more likely to have archives backed up somewhere along the line.

Lo and behold. The download link should work, as I just downloaded a copy onto the machine I'm currently using.

Web Archive should have the other episodes saved as well.

Kirby said:

Looks like it was originally hosted as an independent work on Doomworld way back in 1999. Last snapshot of that site is from 2004-2005 and the links had already been dead at that point.

The AtomicGamer links were the next best bet - even though they had shut down not too long ago, they were more likely to have archives backed up somewhere along the line.

Lo and behold. The download link should work, as I just downloaded a copy onto the machine I'm currently using.

Web Archive should have the other episodes saved as well.

Many thanks for the link.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

^ Oh i didn't realize GameFront is still alive .

To my understanding, it did go down once, but ModDB revived it recently.

Oh nice, Gamefront was revived, sort of. Someone also kindly backed up the entirety of JK3 files.

The Quake Levels look fun, very good looking recreations.