Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

Hills are fun.

As far as sloping goes... How do I.. slope? As always I'm using DeePsea. I've been experimenting to little avail

I assume you want to create a slope in ZDooM. For this you'll need to have a DooM or DooM2 IWAD that's been converted to ZDooM format (use zwadconv.exe, but remember to name your converted file something different from the original .exe names -- a standard example is zdiwhack.exe, for ZDooM IWAD Hack. Keep the file name length to 8 characters.) In DeepSea, select the ZDooM project, and remember to point DeepSea to your ZDooM converted file.

To create a sector with a sloped floor, the simplest way to do it is to slope it up or down to another sector. Create two adjoining sectors (i.e., the sectors must share a common linedef), and assign a greater floor height to the second sector (e.g., first sector floor height = 0, second sector floor height = 64). Assign the linedef special of 181 to the common linedef. If the front of the lindef is facing the first sector, assign a value of 1 to the first argument, otherwise assign a value of 2. You've got your sloped floor.

If you also want a sloped ceiling, also assign the appropriate value of 1 or 2 to the second argument.

Pssst...REX....you made a boo-boo. :) zdiwhack.WAD not .EXE.

Also, for slopes, there are some additional zdoom goodies now, slope "things" with additional power. They can be seen in the zdoom examples....hey, I'm not finding it now. Where did the zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/examples folder go?

In WadAuthor, it's the Plane_Align special, with the first argument (0 or 1) for sloping floors and the second argument (0 or 1) for sloping ceilings. The linedef in quesion faces the slope. I don't know if it's the same for DeePsea, but it should be something similar.

Lost Soul said:

As far as sloping goes... How do I.. slope? As always I'm using DeePsea. I've been experimenting to little avail

Use the DeePsea Slope PREFAB tool. This makes tunnels, pipes, mounds and pits in a few clicks. Then examine them so you can see how they were made.

Current version is 11.65

Biffy said:

Pssst...REX....you made a boo-boo. :) zdiwhack.WAD not .EXE.

Oops! My bad.

It happens. :) anyway, I figure out to replace .exe with .wad to begin with ;) But Thanks for you help! It worked quite well! Very much appreciated.