Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

Rework in FreeDM maps

Dm09 Remaped was added in main topic download link is off for a while.

Axdoomer about the maps i dont tested much but please no invulnerable sphere in dm maps.

(since i got time now) Continuing: well Sea land looks cool, light controls sounds a good idea but in a bright sky dont make it so cool unless if you use other sky slots... whitout counting it (including the invulnerable sphere) the layout is promissing.

Floating house, very small map whit mega armor, i dont tested it but maybe a increase in layout will help a lot the gameplay, you dont need to make it real house also (try a TNT aspect) anyway is already good to replace 31 and 32 slots.

Protox said:

light controls sounds a good idea but in a bright sky dont make it so cool unless if you use other sky slots

What do you mean by "in a bright sky dont make it so cool unless if you use other sky slots"?

the Dev Version of Freedm use a cloud sky but is very bright, similar to a midday.

also the other sky slots is the hell or city one but they dontmatch whit sea heh (sea of lava?)

I didn't notice. This would be weird, but there is a bug in vanilla that causes the sky not to change in Doom II unless you warp directly to a map. It can still be a lake in the middle of red mountains. It doesn't matter. There was water in Inferno.

guys about the changes or of the already in iwad maps please leave a comment, suggestion or ask for a better development of the project in all aspects, i'm still waiting reviews of edited maps to be added in a future page of freedoom homepage (if i get permission to it :P) since a good details to a media place is very good and informative, also for who is working in maps there, never do a review of yourself map since it can not be always acurate.

Double post, new layout designed to replace dm11 (a just big map) since its already used by blasphemer so to be a original map a proposal layout was designed to replace dm11, its a big and simple hell themed layout, you can play it in singleplayer if you want to see but it has nothing aside of layout, i'm looking to someone add few extra detail, light levels and gameplay if us want, so its that for now, i'm jumping to next map...
obs: i'm using the shitty red wall but maybe it'll soon be replaced by it:

Link: http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDM/dm11.wad
WIP Screen:

Spoiler

third post: I'm actualy thinking in replace DM13 too, the old version is like the same used by blasphemer too so i'm thinking in try something to replace it, dm12 dont get any heavy edit so soon it'll be posted there only for data keeping, for now its it, anyone has any comment?

Axdoomer what about using one of your maps in dm13?

Why not. I have another map that could be use for this slot. I have a lot of maps, but I don't really work on them because I don't have a lot of time.

| |   ---|      __    |
| |  | c       |_ |   |
| |   ---|      | |   |
| |______|      | |   |  ?
|________       | |   |
         \__   _| |   |
           |   |__/   |
           |          |
            \________ |
                     E
I have a map with this layout where 'E' is the exit and 'c' is a cage. I am wondering for an imaginative way to lock them in the cage using a teleporter when they would try for example to get to ? to get the BFG or another powerful weapon and failed. As you can see, the map is small and there is a lot of stuff to do.

I have another map idea with a pit (this is more arena-style), but I'm really busy so I don't have a lot of time to put in these.

How fast do you want to get new maps? I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Maybe I can complete a prototype of this map to replace MAP13 this weekend.

i have no much hurry since i still have left to check maps until slot 32 so we still have much time. (actualy few maps ahead dont need touching...)

Blastfrog said:

Don't forget to credit me for that REDWALL patch you posted, as I'm the one that made it.

you dont already requested to it be implemented? i only mentioned about the wall but i thinked you already requested the inclusion.

New DM13 (unnamed yet) this layout was originaly made by catoptromancy and i finished it to became a like corrupted place, whit much blood, marble, stone bricks and red, this map is playable and simple and maybe not final, this fit well 4 players dm, and fit duel well too, fell free to test it. Link in main post.

Protox said:

New DM13 (unnamed yet) this layout was originaly made by catoptromancy and i finished it to became a like corrupted place, whit much blood, marble, stone bricks and red, this map is playable and simple and maybe not final, this fit well 4 players dm, and fit duel well too, fell free to test it. Link in main post.

Yeah, that's a great map. I am busy these days and have a lot of things going on, so I'll just leave a link to my three prototypes here: Link. It includes the map I was talking about in my previous post and that I improved today. If you get to map 31 or map 32, don't wait for me to complete these maps, I surely won't have time. You can use them for inspiration and complete them if you want (do what you want with them, literally).

a possible freedm candidate for duel slots, if people has no poblem whit 50 shades of graytall it may be finished into a playable map, maybe it's cool have a diferent sets of themes for freedm.

Spoiler

Note: Map layout original from catoptromancy, theme proposal was mine but i can revert...

here is a shot to dm14 replacement, http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDM/dm14.wad

well it use a classic texturing stile and its beta, so no exits yet, after few some testing i'll see if its good to be placed in.

there're 2 screenshots few post behind of it, but not whitout 50 shades of graytall theme anymore.

Note: it run better in plutonia. (waiting to someone fix the A-WOOD patch)

Guys about dm15 and 16 someone has anything to say about?
i think of theres nothing of need edit in these 2 maps.
i want hear suggestions.

Note: i already noticed a hom glitch in dm16.

You guys are doing great work, but I think its time to start over. (This is sarcasm)

BECAUSE AQUATEX IS FINALLY IN.

Voros said:

You guys are doing great work, but I think its time to start over.

BECAUSE AQUATEX IS FINALLY IN.

I'm not going to start all ouver again, i dont think of freedm need a full map sets of aquatex, i'll only use maybe 2 or 3 maps to be in that theme.

Half of that post was sarcasm. Just saying that Aquatex is in Freedoom, and well, you should use it.

Did the autobuild forgot to make a wad for them, or did it just not do one yet. The autobuild I just downloaded doesn't contain them yet.

I'll try to fix the remaining issues and release a beta 3 in the oficial freedm-odamex server for testing soon. (i'm not sure if its really oficial, but mr.crispy give me the right irc acess to that server, so i'll use it to set the betas)

i expect finish it until the end of this week 10/22, it's going to have only the maps displayed in the main topic.

few map is arleady using the aquatex textures so it'll be hard to host whit this diferece i'll think in something.

There's some tutti-frutti effects with the textures due to vanilla limitations. Didn't you run into them. But it should be fixed now.

Also, you could use the development build of FreeDM for the Odamex server. That way, the Aquatex textures will be present in the maps. Exactly which maps did you use 'em?