Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Zdoom how to add wad inside decorate folder ?

Hello everyone,

I use batch file to load my wads with decorate folder like this:
zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file test.wad -file decorate

there is a way to test.wad into decorate folder with any other wads I want to load at the same time ?

I try #include but it doesnt work and putting the wad simply in the folder, doesnt work too.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but if you want to load 2 PWADS together:

zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file test.wad test2.wad
If the second one is in a folder called "decorate" which is in your ZDoom's folder:
zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file test.wad decorate/test2.wad
And if the second one is in a folder called "decorate" somewhere else:
zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file test.wad /<absolute_path>/decorate/test2.wad

Ok, I have to specify each wads ? There is a way to specify one folder and it take all wads inside that folder ? :)

Zdoom could add this feature easly, if we can add wads inside decorate.txt with the #include :)

I could also just extract each wads in decorate folder but doom builder 2 need decorate inside the wad apparently ?

Maybe another solution could be add the wads into a pk7 zip and load juste that pk7 ?

A pk7 it is just a standard zip renamed pk7 ?

You have to specify exactly what WAD you want to load.

"decorate" is not a WAD file. Only a folder. So when you use that, the executable tries to find the file "decorate" (which miserably fails, since there is no such file).

Your only options are:

-autoload feature in INI file

-batch files to automatically run wads ypu previously selected
(ok this might be your best shot, write down all the WADs under "decorate" with -file parameter, in a text file. Then save it. Rename the extension from TXT to BAT. Now run it everytime you want to run everything in your decorate folder.)

-manually writing the whole command.

Mewdoom said:

Zdoom could add this feature easly, if we can add wads inside decorate.txt with the #include :)

#include is for accessing text lumps within the currently loaded wad(s)/pk3(s), not for loading external files.