Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prowbar

Shouldn't the backpack be a but more military-ish?

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums :)

I was thinking about this the other day: shouldn't the backpack be more something like a tactical vest or chest carrier/bandolier? Or atleast look like something that would be used in the military?

Let me know what you think about this (I could not find any other posts covering this)

Prowbar

Supposedly, Doomguy already carries a chest vest/bandolier to place all his ammo, while the backpack just complements it. As a real-world example, take the M71 butt pack (yeah, that's what it's called):

which is designed to attach to a standard-issue Load Carriage System/Webbing M71 kit:

The M71 "butt pack" is actually quite small, and despite the name, it can also be attached at one's shoulders/back, not just to the M71 belt kit at butt-height.

Doomkid said:

I'll forever see it as a happy cat face now

This happens to me but with the pistol. I cant help but see a face in it.

And don't forget about Cyberdemon's small black eyes, adorably close to each other, in the middle of his face.

You want to talk about Cyberdemon can't unsees? When I was a kid, I didn't notice the side-views of the Cyberdemon's horns so I thought they were shaped like this:

Spoiler

itok=_a8iH7lW

scifista42 said:

And don't forget about Cyberdemon's small black eyes, adorably close to each other, in the middle of his face.

You mean his nostrils? His eyes are on the sides of his head, right in front of the horns. Look closely. They look red.

If I look closely, I can see them. But ONLY if I look closely. If I don't, his nostrils are his eyes, in my eyes. That's the point. :P

GoatLord said:

OP is asking why a backpack doesn't like more militant

Perhaps because militants prefer webbings and pouches?

scifista42 said:

If I look closely, I can see them. But ONLY if I look closely. If I don't, his nostrils are his eyes, in my eyes. That's the point. :P

Funny thing is I have a similar misconception about the Cacodemon but, in my case, my delusion makes the Cacodemon look more menacing.

I've always seen the pink around his eye as his actual eyes. Probably because the brain likes normality so it tries to see 2 eyes rather than a cyclops. The one eye actually looks sillier.