Best played with GZDoom.

Here are some screenshots!

s6siE2Wl.png

NNVwIo9l.png

YxJxGLkl.png

1cahrzdl.png

Y6X7AFXl.png

YmpYOTil.png

It's Finally here! Thank you for all who participated in the Beta.
Thank you.

Edited by jazzmaster9

map01 fda here, gzdoom 2.1.0
really nice opener. a touch large for an opening map. the lighting and the ambient soundtrack put me on edge, and the slight ammo shortages had me concerned. the invisible imps down the staircase room were the highlight; genuinely terrifying as i couldnt pinpoint them all and ran back up the stairs!

i would either have no soldiers teleport in @ the blue armour arena, or have something more threatening teleport INTO the floorspace. i would just leave it bare, builds suspense.

map02 fda here, gzdoom 2.1.0
enjoyed the frantic start to this map. 2 things stick out for me that could be changed in this map.
1. use of invisi-imps vs. regular imps. some of your uses were odd. using them on a flat plane, in a dark area (like in map01) where theyre threatening and claustrophobic is cool, but in this map (specifically the outdoor area) they were just perched on top of ledges and pillars. shooting them was annoying as i peered at my screen (maybe i need new glasses). and then there was a dark room where the YK is, but the teleporting imps were reg-imps! imagine if you enter the room, go toward the YK, and invisi-imps teleport in. would be much better :)
2. the YK passageway is not inviting/signposted. i think almost all players will go to the YK door nukage area first, then run out of their hazsuit, and have to backtrack. if this is intended then fine, if not i would move stuff around so the player visits the YK area first.

rehelekretep said:

map01 fda here, gzdoom 2.1.0
really nice opener. a touch large for an opening map. the lighting and the ambient soundtrack put me on edge, and the slight ammo shortages had me concerned. the invisible imps down the staircase room were the highlight; genuinely terrifying as i couldnt pinpoint them all and ran back up the stairs!

i would either have no soldiers teleport in @ the blue armour arena, or have something more threatening teleport INTO the floorspace. i would just leave it bare, builds suspense.

Thank you for the demo.
I'm gonna see what I can come up with in the Blue Armor Area, I might swap out the zombiemen in there.

rehelekretep said:

map02 fda here, gzdoom 2.1.0
enjoyed the frantic start to this map. 2 things stick out for me that could be changed in this map.
1. use of invisi-imps vs. regular imps. some of your uses were odd. using them on a flat plane, in a dark area (like in map01) where theyre threatening and claustrophobic is cool, but in this map (specifically the outdoor area) they were just perched on top of ledges and pillars. shooting them was annoying as i peered at my screen (maybe i need new glasses). and then there was a dark room where the YK is, but the teleporting imps were reg-imps! imagine if you enter the room, go toward the YK, and invisi-imps teleport in. would be much better :)
2. the YK passageway is not inviting/signposted. i think almost all players will go to the YK door nukage area first, then run out of their hazsuit, and have to backtrack. if this is intended then fine, if not i would move stuff around so the

Thank you for the criticism.
I will make the hallway down the yellow key more enticing/signbposted to explore.
I'll change the enemy encounters around, but I'm okay with having Regular imps in the yellow key area.

Jimmy said:

that green sky tho <3

I'm glad you liked that. I was double thinking if I should change that to a citysky but I guess the green fire is staying. :)

Minor Updates Uploaded:
- Changed the monster encounter in the Blue Armor Area
- Changed some texturing in Map 02

Tired the and got no problem except a wrong thing
which is that the sound gets cut off when I enter to some another room
odd thing I know but overall a great Mod! the psx Style was very
fitting.

Beta version 2 Uploaded:
-Changes on Map 09
- Changed some ammo and health placement
- Added some decoration
- Changed the Music (thank you leodoom85 for the music suggestion)
Made the switch that lowered the Bars in Map 04 much more obvious in what It's suppose to do.

Minor Update:

- The TitleMap has altered not scale to up when changing the scale text option on HUD messages.
- Nightmare Specter, that was out of bounds in Map03 , was removed.
Fixes have been uploaded

Thank you _mental_ for the Bug Report.

No complaints about the first part but this one exceeded my expectations. Details are king and this one delivers even more than the first part. The second level was unique, seeing that dead body fall, I liked the idea. The first secret level...damn, you did nail that one with the hellish atmosphere and unifying two worlds. I wish to have more of that nightmare-like levels. The sixth map was very good, and I wasn't expecting the second secret level. That one surprised me, particularly the way the demon key appeared which is original. The first boss fight surprised me, I kept looking at the green flames, wasn't expecting a boss fight, so the surprise element worked wonders.

The new sound for the Arch-vile kicks the original into dust. You're definitely getting better at mixing both atmospheres (PSX Doom and Doom 64) into one. There's just two complaints: too few boss fights (where's the Spider Mastermind?) and the laughing sound...destroyed the mood the WAD developed for me because it did not sound terrifying/demonic at all, so that needs either tweaking or getting rid of it in my opinion. Ignoring that, overall this one left me wanting even more of these kind of WADs and even darker atmosphere levels. Keep up the great work!

Nrg01 said:

No complaints about the first part but this one exceeded my expectations. Details are king and this one delivers even more than the first part. The second level was unique, seeing that dead body fall, I liked the idea. The first secret level...damn, you did nail that one with the hellish atmosphere and unifying two worlds. I wish to have more of that nightmare-like levels. The sixth map was very good, and I wasn't expecting the second secret level. That one surprised me, particularly the way the demon key appeared which is original. The first boss fight surprised me, I kept looking at the green flames, wasn't expecting a boss fight, so the surprise element worked wonders.

The new sound for the Arch-vile kicks the original into dust. You're definitely getting better at mixing both atmospheres (PSX Doom and Doom 64) into one. There's just two complaints: too few boss fights (where's the Spider Mastermind?) and the laughing sound...destroyed the mood the WAD developed for me because it did not sound terrifying/demonic at all, so that needs either tweaking or getting rid of it in my opinion. Ignoring that, overall this one left me wanting even more of these kind of WADs and even darker atmosphere levels. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the feedback.
I really wanted to up the atmosphere in this game and so far, people have been loving it :)
Im glad you liked my choices for the Arc-vile sound, I was unsure if it fits the Demon.

Since there are only 7 regular levels I couldn't have to many Boss Fights so they were kept to a Minimum. (And there is only 1 Spider Mastermind in the Innocence Canon so that also makes sense)

I used some sounds from Blood to serve as the Final Boss's voice, I might go ahead and Record new voices for him, we'll see.

Since this mapset uses custom sprites and draws inspiration from Doom 64, I would suggest you use this as an opportunity to incorporate Smooth Doom's weapon and monster animations as well as Doom 64 sprites.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Since this mapset uses custom sprites and draws inspiration from Doom 64, I would suggest you use this as an opportunity to incorporate Smooth Doom's weapon and monster animations as well as Doom 64 sprites.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I would like to keep the Weapon and Enemy behavior and aesthetics as close to the original Doom as Possible.
I'm really not a fan of "Smooth Animations" in general, unless the mod really calls for it.

Fair enough. Still, I see you kept the default gloveless fist sprites, which are inconsistent with the gloved hand sprites used for the weapons. I would recommend you at least try to address this while you are at it.

Anyway, I beat the first level and I am a bit annoyed that the exit switch is not marked on the automap. Since I did not expect the level to end at that point, I lost the opportunity to backtrack and fully explore the map.

jazzmaster9 said:

Beta version 2 Uploaded:
-Changes on Map 09
- Changed some ammo and health placement
- Added some decoration
- Changed the Music (thank you leodoom85 for the music suggestion)
Made the switch that lowered the Bars in Map 04 much more obvious in what It's suppose to do.

Hey Can you perhaps also try changing the chainsaw into a more bigger one?
and adding a Flametower? and some others custom monsters? I think It's would Sounds original too.

Cacockcansukmycok said:

Hey Can you perhaps also try changing the chainsaw into a more bigger one?
and adding a Flametower? and some others custom monsters? I think It's would Sounds original too.

Hello, thanks for the suggestions.
I will not be adding any new weapons and monsters to this. It was already pushing it with the Nightmare Cacos and Demons. I want it to stay within the confines of PSX Doom/Doom 64.

as for the chainsaw? I'm not sure what you mean by "bigger".

jazzmaster9 said:

Hello, thanks for the suggestions.
I will not be adding any new weapons and monsters to this. It was already pushing it with the Nightmare Cacos and Demons. I want it to stay within the confines of PSX Doom/Doom 64.
as for the chainsaw? I'm not sure what you mean by "bigger".

well by Meaning about the chainsaw I said, Get to triple it with another Blade
and for the Monsters and the flametower, by saying that you should get to a classic
style one like that one btw then why not adding A nightmare version of Hellknight
and baron of hell?

Spoiler

https://s12.postimg.org/cj5cjtgfx/uiohjop.png

Cacockcansukmycok said:

well by Meaning about the chainsaw I said, Get to triple it with another Blade
and for the Monsters and the flametower, by saying that you should get to a classic
style one like that one btw then why not adding A nightmare version of Hellknight
and baron of hell?

Spoiler

https://s12.postimg.org/cj5cjtgfx/uiohjop.png

I'm quite happy with the weapons and monsters I have now so no need to add more :)

jazzmaster9 said:

I'm quite happy with the weapons and monsters I have now so no need to add more :)

Well right then if that's your choice I get it I guess
Just a some idea anyways because this mod is really cool, if it's has more
stuff on it or some kind of boss battle if you know what I mean by that.

Spoiler

icon of sin Lols

Beta version 3 Uploaded
- Fixed the Keys not appearing on lower difficulties in Map 06
- Fixed the some Items in Map 10 that don't appear in lower difficulties but should.
- Added an exit sign on Map 01's exit. (I can't believe I missed that)

jazzmaster9 said:

Beta version 3 Uploaded
- Fixed the Keys not appearing on lower difficulties in Map 06
- Fixed the some Items in Map 10 that don't appear in lower difficulties but should.
- Added an exit sign on Map 01's exit. (I can't believe I missed that)

Regarding accessing the first secret level, I found it using noclip but I would never imagine there were switches that high, that hidden, since there are no different panels/textures or some hints. Do you think the average person will be able to appreciate that great level being so hidden?

Nrg01 said:

Regarding accessing the first secret level, I found it using noclip but I would never imagine there were switches that high, that hidden, since there are no different panels/textures or some hints. Do you think the average person will be able to appreciate that great level being so hidden?

thank you for the feedback.
Giving it a second look, I agree, it was way too hidden.
I'll see what I can do to hint to the secret switches or make a new sequence for opening it.

EDIT: Went ahead and did some re-texturing and relighting on the level that contains the secret exit to give hints.

Beta version 4 Uploaded
- Retexturing and slight architecture changes on Map 10.
- Reblanced The Final Boss so that he won't immediately shoot after phasing in.(Gives players a fair chance of reacting when he warps around)
- Relighting on Map 03's lava Sections. (Particularly in the Baron of Hell tower thing)

Beta V.5 uploaded
Changes:
- Aesthetic Changes in Map 03
- Health and Ammo item rebalancing in Map 03
- Health and Ammo item rebalancing in Map 09

Hey this looks like a good start. There's a review of your Innocence X in newstuff now. I still see a lot of the problems mentioned in that review here. I think using new textures and doing some more detailing of the maps would help a lot. The screens so far still look too plain and flat. All in all, not bad, but you can do a lot better than this.