Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bioshockfan90

NUKAGETREAT.WAD: A journey from newbie to pro

After making some maps for collab projects, I wanted to just start making maps for the hell of it. Quality may vary on maps, but I'm hoping as more maps get added the WAD becomes more enjoyable. Tested in Zandronum and ZDOOM, highly doubt it'll work on shit like PrBoom because of scripts and various other things. I used DOOM2.wad and cc4-tex.wad as resources. Will update OP as maps get added. Play, and try to have fun! :)

MEDIAFIRE:

https://www.mediafire.com/?uayfg03isfe82gc

Changelog:
--
v1.0
-MAP01 and MAP02
--
v1.1
-Fixed some bugs in MAP02 and other broken mechanics.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

MAP THOUGHTS:
--

MAP01: Pretty garbage, but it's alright for a MAP01. Will most likely re-do to be less boring in the future.

MAP02: Overall satisfied, could be better at end.

Report bugs, yell at me, praise my map, whatever... Just enjoy the maps, and wait for updates!

bioshockfan90 said:

Screenshots (i know they're weird GZdoombuilder screenshots, that's the best I could take. If anyone knows of a better way, just put it in the thread)

Press "PrintScreen" ingame and a screenshot in PNG format will be automatically saved into ZDoom's respectively Zandronum's folder.

scifista42 said:

Press "PrintScreen" ingame and a screenshot in PNG format will be automatically saved into ZDoom's respectively Zandronum's folder.

Ah shit, thanks. I'm actually just about to go to work, but as soon as I get home, I'll take some better screenies and add them to the OP.

Ok, the first level was fine. I did not run into any real issues with my playthrough.

However the second level has some major issues.

Issue # 1:

In this room with the red card and the 2 revs that spawn after grabbing it. The door shuts on you. If you kill a rev, the door opens back up. But if you kill both revs and are still in the room. The pillars go back up and you are forced to cheat by noclipping to get out. Needs to be fixed

Issue # 2:

I have no idea how to open this door. I have looked everywhere and it just does not open.

Jimp Argon said:

Ok, the first level was fine. I did not run into any real issues with my playthrough.

However the second level has some major issues.

Issue # 1:
http://i.imgur.com/fKpp05C.png

In this room with the red card and the 2 revs that spawn after grabbing it. The door shuts on you. If you kill a rev, the door opens back up. But if you kill both revs and are still in the room. The pillars go back up and you are forced to cheat by noclipping to get out. Needs to be fixed

Issue # 2:
http://i.imgur.com/NuQ07IS.jpg

I have no idea how to open this door. I have looked everywhere and it just does not open.

Gotcha. I forgot about the scripting on that first issue, will fix, my bad. Second issue I thought I fixed but I'll take another look and make sure that the door is working. Also, to make those new screenshots, because I was so damn tired last night.

EDIT: These issues have both been fixed to the best of my ability as well as some better, more well-taken screenshots being added to the OP!