Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been working hard on this map for my megawad that will have a synthwave super retro 80s cool feel.
The 80s vibe is what I live for, so I thought I should make a package including my favorite things: 80s and DOOM.

It isn't finished yet, this is just a preview of the first map.
The music is from The Midnight...It just happened to be playing on my playlist when I was recording the video.

VGP, UAC Death Squad.
Enjoy!

Video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW6P3BnirWA

Some screenshots to preview (the video shows it all);

Thank you!!!! I released a DEMO wad and now I'm really getting into the groove of making custom textures and what not for my megawad. I hope that everyone is ready for 32 maps of stuff like this, I sure am!

And The Midnight is a great artist, I will be asking around for permission to use synth in my maps as well. If I know how to do anything right... it's the 80s vibe.

Omg dude I LOVE 80's stuff! This looks great! I can tell you will be one of those authors I will be following closely. Your BMC wad was great and I can already tell that this one will be too. I can't wait to be able to give this a spin, will most likely make a video using this level.

Doesn't look fun to play in, as these are just some flat and basic rooms with nothing in them but a bunch of tables and stairs and the 80's style is already used in "Ancient Aliens", so this is nothing new either.

Also if you are adiing enemies try and make them something like demon gargoyles made of marble or Busts to stick to the theme.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will definitely keep them in mind when I make my other maps. I have great plans for this and it will definitely be different. I plan on incorporating some sort of enemies that would remind you of an old school game perhaps...
This is still in it's embryonic stage.... But I will do my best to make it work. Also, there aren't enemies and such in it yet because I literally just finished the map itself moments before I recorded the video.
It is currently being made into an invasion map by another member of Valhalla Game Plays.

Thank you!