Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

ST Bug Report Thread

This thread is dedicated to letting me know about problems with the current version Skulltag. Please try to be as thorough as you can about whatever problem you're having. "It crashed" doesn't help me. Let me know of any error messages you get, or at least try to let me know what was happening whenever the bug occured.

At that time, I'll address and fix the bug, and we'll all dance around flailing our arms happily and look like a bunch of freaks. Or, just play the damn thing.

That is all.

the bots sometimes are perfectly accuate regardless of what skill you set them on. also, the game crashes when i explode barrels in net games (works fine in single player)

footman said:

the bots sometimes are perfectly accuate regardless of what skill you set them on. also, the game crashes when i explode barrels in net games (works fine in single player)

Well yeah, the idea is that the lower their skill level goes, the less likely they are to get a direct hit on you with the railgun, etc. Are you saying that at low skill levels they still hit you too much?

And the barrel thing I was unaware of. I'll check that out.

Carnevil said:

Well yeah, the idea is that the lower their skill level goes, the less likely they are to get a direct hit on you with the railgun, etc. Are you saying that at low skill levels they still hit you too much?

And the barrel thing I was unaware of. I'll check that out.

yes, they are death with the rail and chainguns, the barrel thing maybe just my modem(56k), but i HIGHLY doubt it. :)

Insomniac said:

thanks for getting back to work, Carny :P

No problem you ungrateful bastard :) lol, j/k

footman said:

yes, they are death with the rail and chainguns, the barrel thing maybe just my modem(56k), but i HIGHLY doubt it. :)

What skill level are you playing them on?

Carnevil said:

What skill level are you playing them on?

I tried it on all five skill levels. sometimes they have normal accuarcy for the respective skill level chosen, sometimes they hit dead on.

here are a few bugs I see

1. Playing with PWADs that have new graphics in them(not graphic replacements, but graphics with names that aren't in the IWAD) causes weird looking walls and stuff.

2. the quick IWAD changer/selector in the launcher doesn't work.

3. lots of HOM when you use -iwad with doom, tnt or plutonia

4. Linguica freezes the game in the "credits" part of the game after you beat Icon of Greed

frwl said:

here are a few bugs I see

1. Playing with PWADs that have new graphics in them(not graphic replacements, but graphics with names that aren't in the IWAD) causes weird looking walls and stuff.

2. the quick IWAD changer/selector in the launcher doesn't work.

4. Linguica freezes the game in the "credits" part of the game after you beat Icon of Greed

Alrighty, let's see here...

1). Are you talking about PWADS with new textures?
2). Hmm, I'll probably be working on a new launcher soon, so don't worry about that.
3). Yeah, I know why that is. That's a texture thing. I may give ST the support to load multiple PWADS with new textures. That'd solve the problem.
4). Really? Hmm. I'll take a look.

frwl said:

I think the problem is that skulltag.wad has it's on TEXUTRE1 and PNAMES lumps, so if you load if you load PWADs (or IWADs) with those lumps everything will get fucked up.
To get IWADs (like doom.wad) running with ST start it with something like that:
skulltag -iwad doom.wad -file doom.wad
not nice, but it works ;)

boris said:

I think the problem is that skulltag.wad has it's on TEXUTRE1 and PNAMES lumps, so if you load if you load PWADs (or IWADs) with those lumps everything will get fucked up.
To get IWADs (like doom.wad) running with ST start it with something like that:
skulltag -iwad doom.wad -file doom.wad
not nice, but it works ;)

<clap clap>

And that's why you're on the team :) ... actually, nevermind, you're on the team because you do good levels. What am I thinking? :P

Carnevil said:

1). Are you talking about PWADS with new textures?

err, yes, textures. that was the word I was looking for. as in the things that make walls pretty.

em, i always played in net games, some times crashed, but now skulltag doesn't work, since i used first time ST, its been 2 years, so i formated my computer a lot of times and now I shot any weapon and the dedicated server CRash, what i must to do??, i know if i format, the problem will be fixed, but if i steel having problems??

em, i found an libray with I CAN PLAY NETWORKS GAME, all people read this post

SKULLTAG USE MFC 4.2

if you have problems , download the mfc 4.2 and reboot your system, anyway, now i can play in lan party, jojojoojo, i've waiting for the next version

might just be on my comp, but when you fire rockets over the bridges, it will sometimes crash, that and sometimes the gfx get screwed up... and on ctf3 i think it was, the choose team particle storms dont work, and theres a sky glitch that causes you to have to reconnect about 4 times till you can actually play

Recoil said:

might just be on my comp, but when you fire rockets over the bridges, it will sometimes crash, that and sometimes the gfx get screwed up... and on ctf3 i think it was, the choose team particle storms dont work, and theres a sky glitch that causes you to have to reconnect about 4 times till you can actually play

Hmm, interesting... I'll make a note of that. Thanks!

hi again, well since i see the last post on skulltag page i learn a lot of skulltag CTF editing (ACS and the new features of st 0.92)

my wish its the new version share vars, like: (an example of my wish code)

** on server

gamstarted = true;
timeleft = 0

** on client ( on a script, teleport )

if (gamstarted) { print(s:"the game started, wait for the next map"); };
if (!gamestarted { print(s:"welcome, the game starts in %timeleft") };

i wish we can edit a use vars like this example, :p, i'll whatching the forum, peace an love!

[DMC]Duke4Ever! said:
em, i found an libray with I CAN PLAY NETWORKS GAME, all people read this post

SKULLTAG USE MFC 4.2

if you have problems , download the mfc 4.2 and reboot your system, anyway, now i can play in lan party, jojojoojo, i've waiting for the next version

and where can I download this?