Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Any Doom musicians out there...

...looking for a project to put their songs into? Or got existing tracks that they'd like to give another spin? I've got a megawad that's starting to get fleshed out and I'm considering what to do for it music-wise...

Doomkid said:

hopefully a few will appeal to you!

Well, definitely adding it to my list of sources. Rot90Unusual2.mid in particular is lovely.

Jimmy said:

Needs updating but pretty much everything is there.

I hope they hurry up with Supplice because I'm crazy about Frozen Over!

^ Seconded :P

Also I plan to release a MIDI pack with my misc. stuff early-ish next year when I've hopefully got way more to put into it, but go ahead, anything apart from Revilution, Revolution! (and I guess Into the Void too) is available for use.

edit: I realise though, the average song length is nearly 7 minutes, so it might not be what you're looking for, heh.

^^Damn, Eris, you kicked some serious ass on Arctic Voyage. I can't believe I listened to an entire 17-minute MIDI, but it was very well structured, complete with slow atmospheric parts and then some super high speed riffing like this was Dimmu Borgir or something.

I'll be going through the rest of this. I like The Occultist, too, and as you know, I'm a fan of your tracks Frozen Wilderness and Atmosphere for Revilution. Indeed, when I joined the project, I was bummed that all the Eris tracks were taken. Luckily, Viscra Maelstrom and Jeremy Doyle provided killer tracks, too.

SteveD said:

I was bummed that all the Eris tracks were taken.

Should've asked me for some more! ;) and thanks!

SteveD said:

^^Damn, Eris, you kicked some serious ass on Arctic Voyage. I can't believe I listened to an entire 17-minute MIDI, but it was very well structured, complete with slow atmospheric parts and then some super high speed riffing like this was Dimmu Borgir or something.

I'll be going through the rest of this. I like The Occultist, too, and as you know, I'm a fan of your tracks Frozen Wilderness and Atmosphere for Revilution. Indeed, when I joined the project, I was bummed that all the Eris tracks were taken. Luckily, Viscra Maelstrom and Jeremy Doyle provided killer tracks, too.

Blame me for requesting all sorts of stuff from him for Revilution, hahaha. Everything but Atmosphere was custom made for a specific level or theme.

Oh right, I have a big pack of random midis collected from all over the internet that I screened for quality, waiting to be used in a map. Would anyone be interested in me sharing it?

Samples:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0ylm3tz6f6t4ym/Riot%20in%20Lagos.MID?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gvybr9woj1llom/airwaves.mid?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj4u9j17ohf3u8a/emerson%20lake%20palmer%20-TARKUS.MID?dl=1 (If you have to check only one, make it this one)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/itotxly8dgquvxl/xasthur-nocturnal_poisonong.mid?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/za73788cwh97fo8/dragon-ride.mid?dl=1

Albertoni said:

Oh right, I have a big pack of random midis collected from all over the internet that I screened for quality, waiting to be used in a map. Would anyone be interested in me sharing it?

Neat stuff. Of course!

EDIT: Songs whose authors can be traced would be best, for giving credit...

Well, I do happen to have a collection of random MIDIs I composed back in 2013-14, so why not. I should warn you, though - most of them suck.

Soundblock said:

Neat stuff. Of course!

EDIT: Songs whose authors can be traced would be best, for giving credit...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36933307/temp/midipack.zip
Alternate MEGA.nz download

Like half are completely author-less. Some have the person who made the midi in the midi tags (open the file with XVI32 or notepad to see them), the ones who don't... Well, good luck.
There's also a few from my latest midi-hunt that I didn't have the time to fully screen, they're zipped in the folders. Those are almost fully credited.

^ hee I wonder why I was getting bandcamp hits! I gotta go back through all your MIDIs too, so many hidden gems...

there are many decent musicians hiding on these forums
im always impressed by Alfonzo's more heretic/hexen inspired tunes

yakfak said:

im always impressed by Alfonzo's more heretic/hexen inspired tunes

Me too, very much so. The only ones I've heard are the four in Realm of Parthoris -- does he have a site or something with more of his music?

not sure! but I noticed that Alfonzo streamed himself composing just a few days ago on Twitch so he's still at it

Here's how I scored my just-around-the corner megawad Echelon:

MAP01 - Op7 (Ribbiks)
MAP02 - Insurgence (Jimmy)
MAP03 - Reaper (Ribbiks)
MAP04 - You Ain't The Boss O' Me (Jimmy)
MAP05 - Rair (Ribbiks)
MAP06 - Chiggity (Ribbiks)
MAP07 - Demetria (Ribbiks)
MAP08 - Night (Ribbiks)
MAP09 - Toybox (Ribbiks)
MAP10 - Wicked Gods (Jimmy)
MAP11 - Satan (Ribbiks)
MAP12 - Dark Expanse (Ribbiks)
MAP13 - Shrine (Ribbiks)
MAP14 - FreeDoom D_E3M2 (Blueworrior)
MAP15 - NESA (Ribbiks)
MAP16 - Wishlist (Ribbiks)
MAP17 - Beehive (Ribbiks)
MAP18 - FreeDoom D_E3M7 (Blueworrior)
MAP19 - Shadowed Hound (MFG38)
MAP20 - Djeth (Ribbiks)
MAP21 - Underground (Ribbiks)
MAP22 - Once Belonged (MFG38)
MAP23 - Shrouded in Darkness (Jimmy)
MAP24 - Psychosis (Ribbiks)
MAP25 - Fire Hive (Jimmy)
MAP26 - Rogue Prophets (Jimmy)
MAP27 - Cosmic Clash (Jimmy)
MAP28 - Triage (Ribbiks)
MAP29 - Sunset Over Babylon (Jimmy)
MAP30 - Chernobog's Domain (Jimmy)
D_M2TTL - Alone In Hell (MFG38)
D_DM2INT - Memento Mori D_DM2INT (Mark Klem)
D_READ_M - In My Mind (Jimmy)
D_EVIL - Evil Hero (Jimmy)

Hugs and beers for everyone, thanks!

I'll restate my curiosity for seeing what kind of maps my wacky tunes fit with :)

Also I admire your restraint for stopping at 30 maps, instead of 32.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Just dropping in to say I would have been happy to offer a collection of 10-15 tracks if you hadn't already decided on a playlist