Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floatRand

Disjunction, small mapset project - RELEASED [17.2.2017], on /idgames

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

I'm sure one day @TheV1perK1ller will come in and totally destroy my time by finishing 10 minutes faster ;P 

@GarrettChan Haha, I'm not so sure about that. Having patience is key to these maps, and that is something I know I don't have a lot of ;) Kudos to you! :)

There were sufficient resources for the original monster count, provided you got the huge caco cloud infighting with the extra cybs, heh. It was kind of awkward and slow, so floatRand cut it. Congrats on beating a pretty tough mapset.

6 minutes ago, dew said:

There were sufficient resources for the original monster count, provided you got the huge caco cloud infighting with the extra cybs, heh.

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Originally I was thinking about more infighting to conserve ammo, but the new one seems already well beyond enough. Probably If I try harder and figure out a good way to make them infight, I can beat the old one too.

I think that the light amount of cacodemons was a little TOO light for the final battle. It went down from ~100 to less than 10. I think something like 15-20 cacos and maybe some other grounded monsters around the cyberdemon area would've been neat (also to help distract the cybers so you can BFG them to oblivion). Just an opinion, I don't expect him to change it now but my god that got nerfed so hard. 

Finished: 01, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11; Remaining: 02, 03

Map05: Felt

It seems this green texture can totally ruin video quality, probably less destructible then the "Fireblue" texture... or maybe I'm just oversensitive?

There are at least two things to be bumped which should not be supposed to - Megasphere on the tri-key pillar, Beserk behind a secret wall. As I'm not a double-digit secret count guy, I think there may be too many secrets in the level, especially you can get a Backpack anyway in the later part of the map, but this is just personal preference. There's nice Castlevania: AOS Top Floor music with a very castle feeling library, so this level is one of my favorite in the WAD even though I don't like cramped space fights. Also, most of the traps can be strategically beaten without taking a lot of damage. Thus, there's the satisfied feeling of planning.

Youtube Video:

Map05 in 13:36

Demo File:

dj05-1336.zip

Edited by GarrettChan

1 minute ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Managed to make a few demos for MAP01, I'm too reluctant to try some of the later maps as of now, hahaha. I will though at some point, I will.

disjunct Demos TVPK.zip

I was going to say do UV -Fast, then I discovered that you've done it and it's almost the same time. Probably need a demo thread in the demo forum.

17 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Probably need a demo thread in the demo forum.

Not a problem, I'll start one up.

EDIT: Done.

Edited by TheV1perK1ller

Hey guys! I'm just a casual modder and I really love this mod - especially the music. I was wondering if anyone has pulled, can pull or can point me in the direction to learn how to pull the music from this to a separate file that I could use with other map packs?

1. Get SLADE.

2. Open the WAD in SLADE.

3. Find the music files (try filtering by "D_")

4. Highlight the music files, right-click -> Export.

Both doors have linedefs with other actions in front of them. But they're properly flagged to not block the use function.

Do you have your compatibility mode set to DOOM? Not the best idea for a Boom mapset.

I just started this and I haven't read through this thread yet but I just gotta say that this is simply stunning. Map01 was just excellent in terms of visuals and overall scope. I started map02 and I pretty much feel the same way about it as well. Map01 reminds me of the part in Half Life 1 where you come out of some tunnels to the breathtaking (for its time) cliff side. The sunset skybox is great and I loved traversing the compound.

This is a lesson to me in terms of visuals. I thought that I needed to work on fleshing out details but you show that it's possible to create a very attractive map with a great atmosphere without going crazy with textures or intermittent small breaks in the landscape. I'm also really enjoying the music that you picked out for this. I was working on a few other wads but this is definitely gonna take priority. Here's hoping that the rest is just as amazing.

47 minutes ago, Poorchop said:

Here's hoping that the rest is just as amazing.

I hope you enjoy the high difficulty for later maps ;P  Yeah, the visuals of the maps are simply stunning. It's difficult to imagine this is floatRand's first project.