Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Warmaster

BRAINSCAN WaD

If you have seen the 1994 Horror/thriller BRAINSCAN you can see what i am gonna suggest.

i think it would be great if a team of DooMers put effort to make a wad based on BRAINSCAN.

Plot: A lonely boy named Michael Brower (Edward Furlong) lives an isolated existence in his absent father's mansion. Michael's mother was killed in a car accident, which also permanently injured his leg. He spends his spare time stalking his crush, a typical girl-next-door named Kimberly. A huge fan of horror films and video games, Michael's only friend is a similar-minded misfit named Kyle. Kyle tells Michael about a new, ultra-realistic game called Brainscan. Intrigued, Michael sends away for the first disc.

The game begins strangely, with a warning screen informing him that the experience has much in common with hypnotic suggestion. During his first experience with the game, Michael is encouraged to act as a psychopathic murderer by the game's host, an entity known as Trickster. In-game, Michael murders a stranger and takes his foot as a trophy. Later, he is horrified to discover that his victim in the game was a real person, and that the same murder also happened in the real world. Kyle begs Michael to let him play the game, and Michael angrily rebuffs him. Later Michael is tormented by Trickster, who exits the game and plays a song by the musical group Primus in Michael's bedroom. Because he is a possible witness to the earlier murder, Trickster tells Michael he must kill Kyle, which he eventually does in-game.

Michael doesn't remember Kyle's murder and calls his house. The phone is answered by a policeman, Detective Hayden (Frank Langella). Michael becomes paranoid that he will be sent to jail. He is also continually annoyed by the presence of Trickster, who refuses to leave his home. Trickster ultimately instructs him to kill Kimberly. At nightfall Michael sneaks into her room, but refuses to hurt her. Trickster reveals that he is actually the evil part of Michael. He possesses Michael, the struggle of which wakes Kimberly. Kimberly tells Michael that she loves him, which allows him to break free from his own inner darkness. At the last minute, the Trickster materializes and opens the bedroom door. Detective Hayden enters and shoots Michael dead.

Michael awakens in his room. He discovers that the whole experience was a fantasy. After a short tantrum, ranting at the game for his traumatic experiences, he excitedly realizes that Kyle is still alive and that nothing in the game happened in the real world. He goes over to Kimberly's and asks her out, which she replies with "maybe" before giving him a kiss.

The next day, Michael brings the Brainscan disc to school to show as part of a horror movie marathon. Unexpectedly, Trickster appears before the disc begins to play.

I believe this would make a extremely great story based WaD and since the film is about a hardcore killing game released in 1994 it would fit the theme for DooM very well.

If you are interested message me or start on the project.

import vocabulary, ambitions, ideas

def newproject():
	m = print(ideas.main)
	for entry, m  in zip(ambitions, range(len(vocabulary.all))):
		new_writer = scene.startNewProject(writer,writer)
		X("Text") = "{:d} - {:s} - {:.3f}".format(i + 1, entry[0], entry[1])
	while(1)
		if(ideas.approved)
			brake
	while(1)
		ambitions.waitingForHelp()
So go ahead... Nothing can't stop you.

Azuruish said:

import vocabulary, ambitions, ideas

def newproject():
	m = print(ideas.main)
	for entry, m  in zip(ambitions, range(len(vocabulary.all))):
		new_writer = scene.startNewProject(writer,writer)
		X("Text") = "{:d} - {:s} - {:.3f}".format(i + 1, entry[0], entry[1])
	while(1)
		if(ideas.approved)
			brake
	while(1)
		ambitions.waitingForHelp()
So go ahead... Nothing can't stop you.

what does this mean?

It's a joke in what I am assuming is doom coding format. Basically, he's saying there is nothing from stopping you from making this yourself. But don't go asking people to make something for you.

Shit.... I wanted someone to make a facing world's map from Unreal Tournament. But instead of asking someone to make it, I asked in the looking for a specific wad thread sticky'd at the top and if anyone has already made said wad.

It's some weird form of Python with a few syntax errors, Jimp.

@Warmaster:
People here don't tend to like "ideas people". You need to show you've put like a week of effort into making new sprites or maps before people will take you seriously. That said, your idea is good, if quite cliché.