Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
igg

Singleplayer DLC information?

Is there any information on a possible singleplayer DLC?

Dooms storyline mentions some places which have not been visited by the player yet: Umbral Plains, Great Steppe. Maybe we'll get to see some of those?

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer a DLC like Missing Link (-> somewhere in between the games storyline) or an addon which continues the plot, since the official game ending seems to be a perfect setup for Doom 2.

Nothing yet :(

The umbral plains sounds like a vast expanse of nothing TBH, the codex says the kadingir is the link between it and the great steppes. And then again in the codex entries, it is confirmed both the titans realm and the necropolis are located in the great steppe. So we sorta been to both. But there is mention of other places. Lake of fire comes to mind.

I would like to see a sequel but its a setup for the earth chapter itself. Then get doom 2, and then a prequel where he fights the titan and becomes entombed.

But for now, anthing will do - I have been praying day and night like a heroin addict for my fix. I never expected doom 2016 to be this good!!!

I highly doubt there is going to be any. I wouldn't want any either. Work on Doom II.

I'm sure we'll see something in terms of single player dlc. The games only a few months old so give it time. Maybe even a good sized expansion to the game if we're lucky.

massivefanofdoom said:

Nothing yet :(

The umbral plains sounds like a vast expanse of nothing TBH, the codex says the kadingir is the link between it and the great steppes. And then again in the codex entries, it is confirmed both the titans realm and the necropolis are located in the great steppe. So we sorta been to both. But there is mention of other places. Lake of fire comes to mind.

I would like to see a sequel but its a setup for the earth chapter itself. Then get doom 2, and then a prequel where he fights the titan and becomes entombed.

But for now, anthing will do - I have been praying day and night like a heroin addict for my fix. I never expected doom 2016 to be this good!!!

sorry of topic but...u got to love massivefanofdoom enthusiasm <3

I hope we don't get single player dlc and possibly stuck with it like episode 2.
I hope they ...just get us more...of ...black magic stuff.... ...just moree LORE PLEASEeeee

@MrDeAD1313, love the new avatar man. as for single player expansion it's a waiting game, I'd go find source but I'm lazy and tired. Marty said that more or less they might make some more single player content, it's very hush hush right now. But don't get your hopes up because nothing is set in stone and things may shift into a different direction. Id's got ALOT on their plate right now.

blackgoblinmagic said:

sorry of topic but...u got to love massivefanofdoom enthusiasm <3

I hope we don't get single player dlc and possibly stuck with it like episode 2.
I hope they ...just get us more...of ...black magic stuff.... ...just moree LORE PLEASEeeee

haha thanks man ^^

I didn't understand your comment ''I hope we don't get single player dlc and possibly stuck with it like episode 2.''

You fear we might get a small dlc to 'shut us up' so to say, and then be stuck with nothing for a long time? Episode 2, is that sin or half life?

massivefanofdoom said:

You fear we might get a small dlc to 'shut us up' so to say, and then be stuck with nothing for a long time? Episode 2, is that sin or half life?

I think he refers to HL2 Episode 2, which is one of the best DLCs/addons ever made. I enjoyed it even more than the original game and I'm still waiting for Episode 3 / HL3 or whatever. Portal 1+2 helped a little, great games too.

Back on topic: Without an expansion / singleplayer DLC I'm afraid we'll have to wait ~6 years for a new Doom game. id is now working on Quake Championship (like ~2-3 years until release).

igg said:

I think he refers to HL2 Episode 2, which is one of the best DLCs/addons ever made. I enjoyed it even more than the original game and I'm still waiting for Episode 3 / HL3 or whatever. Portal 1+2 helped a little, great games too.

Back on topic: Without an expansion / singleplayer DLC I'm afraid we'll have to wait ~6 years for a new Doom game. id is now working on Quake Championship (like ~2-3 years until release).

The way it ended tho, I am confident it was a setup for a dlc or expansion in between doom2016 and doom2(20xx)

massivefanofdoom said:

expansion in between doom2016 and doom2(20xx)

Possible idea: Slayer spawns in an unknown area (e.g. some parts of Hell listed in the Codex but not visited yet) and continues slaughtering. At the end he gets teleported to Earth and Hayden greets him by saying "something went wrong". Or he sees a dead Hayden and destroyed Earth (but that would be a waste for such an interesting character like Hayden).

igg said:

Possible idea: Slayer spawns in an unknown area (e.g. some parts of Hell listed in the Codex but not visited yet) and continues slaughtering. At the end he gets teleported to Earth and Hayden greets him by saying "something went wrong". Or he sees a dead Hayden and destroyed Earth (but that would be a waste for such an interesting character like Hayden).

I like the something went wrong spin, thats pretty cool.

He either teleported him to hell again to face the icon of sin in the 'call of ages' or else to another moon base (phobos / deimos) where he makes his way to earth via some shuttle, imo. To stop hayden and hell.

igg said:

Back on topic: Without an expansion / singleplayer DLC I'm afraid we'll have to wait ~6 years for a new Doom game.

With an expansion, you'll have to wait even longer. I doubt Quake C is gonna take 3 years. It's MP only and they've probably been working on it for a while already. And with that, they'll likely be working on Doom II at the same time. Studios tend to do that these days. Doom is basically a 'hit', they can't afford to have 6 years in between while reintroducing Quake which is taking two risks. I expect Doom II in 2019, 2020 at the latest.

You want a Doom expansion? Then yeah, you might be waiting 5-6 years for Doom II. SP expansions tend to suck. I don't think people want what they think they want.

Sig said:

With an expansion, you'll have to wait even longer. I doubt Quake C is gonna take 3 years. It's MP only and they've probably been working on it for a while already. And with that, they'll likely be working on Doom II at the same time. Studios tend to do that these days. Doom is basically a 'hit', they can't afford to have 6 years in between while reintroducing Quake which is taking two risks. I expect Doom II in 2019, 2020 at the latest.

You want a Doom expansion? Then yeah, you might be waiting 5-6 years for Doom II. SP expansions tend to suck. I don't think people want what they think they want.

I think you mean Doom 5.

Sig said:

Doom is basically a 'hit', they can't afford to have 6 years in between while reintroducing Quake which is taking two risks. I expect Doom II in 2019, 2020 at the latest.

Well thats exactly Bethesda's release cycle. Let the devs free their mind with another game and then switch back. Just look at the Fallout series. And to be honest: Zenimax project execution is much better than ids.

igg said:

Well thats exactly Bethesda's release cycle. Let the devs free their mind with another game and then switch back. Just look at the Fallout series. And to be honest: Zenimax project execution is much better than ids.

I wish other developers were the same, but they wanna adopt the same tactic that Activishit uses with Call Of Duty.

igg said:

Well thats exactly Bethesda's release cycle.

Bethesda /=/ id software.

Sig said:

No, I don't.

That's literally what it would be, though

Also naturally what most people would end up calling it as, if not Halo 6 as some probably will, being a contrarian shit is what's in these days.

Almonds said:

That's literally what it would be, though

Also naturally what most people would end up calling it as, if not Halo 6 as some probably will, being a contrarian shit is what's in these days.

I get that, but you might as well correct me every time I call this game Doom, which is what is officially is. Let's move on shall we? I'll talk about old Doom II in an old Doom II thread. This isn't that.

Sig said:

Bethesda /=/ id software.

id Software has been bought by Zenimax and I think it was them who brought id Software back on track. Carmack once said Doom is in Bethesda mode right now. Although this was likely related to the release date I think it he also talked about the project execution.

BluePineapple72 said:

until Tuesday we will have no idea what arcade mode is

Yes we do.

^ An Addition to the Singleplayer mode, not part of Multiplayer it seems

an upcoming competitive addition to the game’s critically acclaimed campaign mode

I'm not saying I know 100% what it will bring, I'm saying it's not like we don't have 'no idea.'