Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gojimike

How to make a switch raise a ceiling in UDMF format

Hi, I'm trying to make it so when I press a switch the ceiling of an area raises to reveal another switch, how do I do this in UDMF format?

Linedef actions > Ceiling > "Ceiling Raise by Value" should do the trick, or one of the other "Ceiling raise..." actions.

I have managed to get it to work but now I have one more question, how do I make it so when the player picks up a SSG, three doors open up?

Put a line just in front of the SSG so the player must cross it to grab the SSG. In Doom or Boom format, make the line W1 Door Open (W1 means walk-over once and requires a tag, as opposed to D1 which opens the sector behind the line when used and doesn't use a tag), and give that line and the three doors the same tag. In Doom-in-Hexen or UDMF, set the line to Open Door and Player Walks Over, and don't check the Repeatable flag, and then give the line and the doors the same tag. If you surround the SSG with such lines, that would be fine because if you open a door that is already open, nothing happens except you hear the open sound again - no harm done. You want Open Door, not Raise Door because Raise Door means that the door will not stay open.

In UDMF, you do not need any linedefs with actions surrounding the pickup. You just set the pickup's Action to "Open Door", and the action will be executed when it's picked up. However, note that if the player already had a SSG and full ammo for it, he would be unable to pick up another one, so that the action would never be executed, unless he wasted some of his SSG ammo only to be able to pick up the SSG.

scifista42 said:

In UDMF, you do not need any linedefs with actions surrounding the pickup. You just set the pickup's Action to "Open Door", and the action will be executed when it's picked up. However, note that if the player already had a SSG and full ammo for it, he would be unable to pick up another one, so that the action would never be executed, unless he wasted some of his SSG ammo only to be able to pick up the SSG.

Wow! i didn't knew about that