Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ranhcase

Multiple Actions

EDIT: Dammit, there's too many ninjas in this subforum...

The easiest way to do that is to probably just write a script that causes all the actions you want to happen, and then assign the one line in your map to "Script Execute: ##".

Of course, that's assuming you know how to write ACS.

Kappes Buur said:

If you know how to attach action specials (commands) to a linedef then your are more than halfway to writing scripts.

http://zdoom.org/zdkb/scriptprimer.html

No, unfortunally i don't, i don't know the first thing about scripting, and my internet is to bad to open the link(believe me!)...

RanhDoomer said:

No, unfortunally i don't, i don't know the first thing about scripting, and my internet is to bad to open the link(believe me!)...

The link contains just text, believe me.
Anyway, there is no "PassThru" linedef flag in UDMF? That's how things go in Boom, AFAIK.

bzzrak said:

Anyway, there is no "PassThru" linedef flag in UDMF? That's how things go in Boom, AFAIK.

In GZDB/UDMF, it's called "Pass use on", and it's in the "Activation" flag list instead of the "Flags" list of general linedef flags.

Have the first linedef trip spawn a monster at extremely high speed in a completely different room and have that accelerated spawned monster pass monster-activated linedefs in that room before it explodes and dies at the end with a kill linedef

^ Or a non-monster thing, which are also able to trigger "monster-only" activated lines, because "monster-only" actually means "non-player-only" in this game. Using a non-monster would have an advantage of not having to kill it at the end of the line, and no effect on the kill counter on the automap / intermission screen.

Also, the speed of such a line-activating thing shouldn't be all that extreme, otherwise it might skip linedefs without activating them.