Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Doomworld Mega Project 2016?

It would be nice to make something about this. And pretty much remain 4 months to make a map.

Memfis is back? I thought you locked yourself out by giving yourself a ridiculous password.

Also, what project?

I agree. It's a shame this project has to die this year. If in not mistaken, the 2015 project is not even completely fished yet. It's still in beta and has not been uploaded to Id games

Jimp Argon said:

I agree. It's a shame this project has to die this year. If in not mistaken, the 2015 project is not even completely fished yet. It's still in beta and has not been uploaded to Id games

This.

So, well... it WILL be... but in December for vanilla only. At least I suppose so...

It's a WAD series. If there isn't one this year there can still be one next year, what's all this about it dying?

this might be a hint that the mega-projects should be run on an alternating basis. it's rad that scifista wants to spend time preparing a massive stack of levels but it's true that a second curator could have started the next project back in January!

Eris Falling said:

It's a WAD series. If there isn't one this year there can still be one next year, what's all this about it dying?

Well seeing as how this was an on going thing since 2012. I figured the tradition would have died if one did not come out this year as well.

Jimp Argon said:

Pretty sure that the wad has been done for a few month's now. The only thing preventing it from being uploaded is that Scifista needs more info about textures & midis used for the text file.

Why don't we just start making maps right now and post them right here in this thread? It'd be better than nothing, then we could compile and release them by the end of the year or whenever is a good time for it.

And remember, we can't let this happen next year...

valkiriforce said:

Why don't we just start making maps right now and post them right here in this thread? It'd be better than nothing, then we could compile and release them by the end of the year or whenever is a good time for it.

And remember, we can't let this happen next year...

^ This

I'll organize it. From now until December 31 (strict deadline). Any map format, but no new textures/flats/sprites. Someone else can do 2017, though.

Awesome, thanks for saving the day! Do you want this to be the official thread or you'll make another one? I can put some info in the first post if needed.

Also I'm excited about the no textures rule. I want to see what people can do with the iwad content.

Jaws In Space said:

Pretty sure that the wad has been done for a few month's now. The only thing preventing it from being uploaded is that Scifista needs more info about textures & midis used for the text file.

That's right. Though I feel that the remaining resources might not be identified ever at all. Anyone agrees to upload DMP2015 as is to /idgames, leaving the "???" marks at unidentified resources in the textfile, and possibly update the textfile on /idgames if any of the resources will be identified in the future?

TimeOfDeath said:

I'll organize it. From now until December 31 (strict deadline). Any map format, but no new textures/flats/sprites. Someone else can do 2017, though.

I'm OK with this, even though I was thinking about a merged DMP 2016+2017, running from now to the end of 2017, after releasing DMP 2015 so late. I'd only like to recommend some guidelines for using custom skies (if they'd be allowed at all), for the sake of making the project easier to compile:

-If you're mapping with vanilla or limit-removing compatibility in mind, beware that your map's custom sky may not be used in your map in the final map compilation.
-If you're mapping with Boom compatibility in mind, set your map's sky via sky transfers (line action 271), NOT via replacing RSKY1 patch or SKY1 texture.
-If you're mapping with (G)ZDoom compatibility in mind, set your map's sky via MAPINFO, NOT via replacing RSKY1 patch or SKY1 texture.

If this project actually gets done by the end of the year or within the first month of 2017, I'll eat some kind of hat. Best of luck to anyone making a map for this! (I still need to play DMP2015)

TimeOfDeath said:

Yay, it's back!
Also "welcome back" to your old-self, memfis / kuchitsu!