Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2016 (v2 is on /idgames)

WindbagJacket said:

Finally got around to fixing and polishing my map...

Thanks for any feedback. EffinghamHuffnagel and TimeOfDeath - I addressed all the issues you mentioned a while ago.

Updated info:

Level name: Bloodcult Stronghold
Author: WindbagJacket
Compatibility: Limit removing
Tested on: ZDoom and prboom-plus
Building time: About a week and a half, plus a few more days spread over 2 months
Editors used: Doom Builder 2, GZDoomBuilder and Slade
Custom music: MAP24 from Community Chest 3 - credited there to "Bobby Prince (for id Software;)remixed by Jay Reichard"
Difficulty settings: Yes - easy, medium & hard. Mostly tested on UV.
Bugs: Probably still some misaligned textures.

New link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2z0vqao3go5szm/bcsh_v1_4.wad?dl=0

A casual UV-max (with an aggro route) in 12:27 (prB+). I liked this map but the red key vile can attack you as the barrier around you is coming down and you are still fixed in place, making damage completely unavoidable. I narrowly escaped it here because the vile started attacking late. Luckily it's easy to get there with 100/200 H/A, but it will leave a bad impression anyway.

Sneaking in a final update for my map.

Changelog:
-Fixed faulty sky transfer.
-Non-ambushing Revenants are ambushing again.
-Obliterated various anomalies.
-Changed SUPPORT3 texture to METAL in a few places.

Posting an updated version of my map. Just minor changes that I didn't bother to document. The biggest improvement is autoalignment of green stones since people wanted it. It should be the last one unless something serious comes up. I also finally watched vdgg's demo, which was an exciting low HP journey.

Download: http://www.doomshack.org/uploads/MEMFISv2.zip

scotty said:

Sons of Liberty v3 - enjoy! Hopefully the combat is pretty well sorted now. Difficulty settings lazily implemented.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whfq80e5o714p4l/sonsofliberty.wad?dl=1

Cool, plays quite smoothly now. Casual max. Start went nice here; it can be kind of lethal.

Minor things: Linedef 2646 is a grate that isn't impassable. The first tele destination in the telefrag sequence could probably face something other than the sky. Maxing the final area is the challenging part (not surviving), because telefragging doesn't always get all the revs, but not such a big deal.

rdwpa said:

Cool, plays quite smoothly now. Casual max. Start went nice here; it can be kind of lethal.

Minor things: Linedef 2646 is a grate that isn't impassable. The first tele destination in the telefrag sequence could probably face something other than the sky. Maxing the final area is the challenging part (not surviving), because telefragging doesn't always get all the revs, but not such a big deal.

Nice. Interesting to see a different strategy for the map, you approach several areas differently to how i do, but that's what it's all about. Yeah, that final telefragging sequence isn't perfect but i think that even if i redrew all the platforms it still might not be fully sorted and i don't really have time to do that before the deadline anyway.

I have fixed that linedef plus a couple of other minor things. Sorry for all the updates TimeOfDeath!

Sons of Liberty v4:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vx29vl5rv9owimv/sonsofliberty.wad?dl=1

Scotty that looks amazing, will have to play when I get a chance!

Here is an update for my map, nothing major, just some extra features here and there with some gameplay fixes and what not.

Level name: Desolate Demesne
Author: Crunchynut44
Compatibility: Vanilla
Tested on: Zandronum, Choco Doom
Building time: Somewhere around 3 to 4 hours
Editors used: Doom Builder 2, Slade
Custom music: Desolate Demesne by Glen Christie (Crunchynut44)
Difficulty settings: Yes - easy, medium & hard. Mostly tested on UV. No multiplayer or Co-op
Bugs: Unknown, probably lots.

New link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m53y8qcp7stnshc/Desolate%20Demesne_Crunchynut44%20V2.wad?dl=0

Status report for DMP2016:

Now I have the southwest section to finish. I really wish I release it before the deadline. By the way, can I update the level with fixes for minor bugs, glitches during the compiling session in the next month?

stasiowygrzybek said:

There's still plenty of time ;)

No plenty of time for me, sadly. :( I guess I need to cut the orginal idea and bring the simpler one.

Seems like it's shaping out to be a nice intricate map, so might as well save it for a standalone, or for something like a small mapset, with one or two smaller maps leading up to it. It's an original look that I haven't really seen before despite using stock textures, and is Mechadon-ish in that particular sense, so it'd be a shame to rush it just for a deadline for a project that is essentially a just-for-fun compilation.

Also if I inspire you to do this and it wins a Cacoward make sure to give me a shout-out :D.

Finally my map is done. It isn't very difficult but probably the overall balance can have some tweaks.

Edit: forgot to say that you need cc4falls.wad to play the map.

Level name: Hydroelectric Power Plant
Author: gaspe
Build time: 3 weeks
Programs used: Doom Builder 2, Slade 3
Compatibility: limit removing
Music track: E2M4 of HEROES.WAD
Playtesting: yes on PRBoom+ cl2
Skill settings: yes, somehow
Bugs: none
Author's comments: A rather big level inspired mostly by Nicolas Monti's Eviltech, and it's also an attempt to make a map with some 90's quirks and a surreal mood.

DOWNLOAD

rdwpa said:

Seems like it's shaping out to be a nice intricate map, so might as well save it for a standalone, or for something like a small mapset, with one or two smaller maps leading up to it. It's an original look that I haven't really seen before despite using stock textures, and is Mechadon-ish in that particular sense, so it'd be a shame to rush it just for a deadline for a project that is essentially a just-for-fun compilation.

Also if I inspire you to do this and it wins a Cacoward make sure to give me a shout-out :D.

Or you can try to upload your map to the next year session of DMP...

Played gaspe's level, which turned out much more interesting than its name. Here is a FDA. When I found the exit I spent some time looking for secrets. I found a weird bottle in the plasmagun room (same thing with the one behind), no problems otherwise. Very neat exploration map overall, I didn't want it to end.

t3hPoundcake said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8022363/poundwad_map01.zip

Okay theres my submission. Forever RIP my public acceptance as a map maker lul.

Played your map, is a nice map for a first try! Maybe it could be even removed most of the zdoom-ism like textures or floor as walls\floors and make it play with also lower port compatibility, but if you like to have it for zdoom keep it in that way, just make impassible the lines to the outdoor sector seen here: http://imgur.com/gqwpAkq

Ah yes, is for zdoom, a textfile included in the zipfile says all you need to know about this, anyway i write a brief summary if you like...

@Quirkykirk: Played your map too and i had the same feeling of t3hPoundcake's map about the texturing work, overall is another short nice map with some problems like bad aligniment and making impassible lines on this window...

rdwpa said:

I was thinking about the same idea that Walter mentioned; postpone the level for the next DMP. But this level is already more than 80% done right now, so I want to finish it before I hit the 2017. And don't worry, the simpler setup doesn't mean the cheaper gameplay. XD

I stopped working on my previous map so obviously do not have time to finish it. The concept has changed a lot ... For the sake of participation in the project, I tried to make a small and abstract map in gothic\marble style.

Level name: Cursed Realms - Fiery Monkey Arena
Author: StormCatcher.77
Compatibility: GZDoom 2.2.0 only
Tested on: GZDoom 2.2.0
Building time: 6 days (from 22th to 28th of December)
Editors used: GZDoom Builder 2.3
Custom music: Bucket - Plugged In (Plutonia MIDI Pack)
Difficulty settings: No
Bugs: Large black dot that appears when you look up, standing in the arena. I do not know what it is and how to fix it ...

Mediafire 0.6 MB

Memfis said:

Played gaspe's level, which turned out much more interesting than its name. Here is a FDA. When I found the exit I spent some time looking for secrets. I found a weird bottle in the plasmagun room (same thing with the one behind), no problems otherwise. Very neat exploration map overall, I didn't want it to end.

Thanks for the fda! I wasn't really sure about the name tbh, I'll probably change to something abstract in the next update as it fits better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nuhfcegp68rg7v/noisy.ModernArt.zip?dl=1

Name: More Abstract Art - 2016.
Author: NoisyVelvet
Description: A semi-puzzle map, more or less cute. I wanted to submit something so I doodled a map together; here it is!
Compatibility: Boom (doors don't work in vanilla)
Difficulty Settings: Yes UV is pretty hard.
Editor: GZDoom Builder
Music: Dimension of Dreams (by Jimmy)
Build Time: 1 day.

I have updated my map with just a couple minor tweaks to polish it to "perfection".

Download: tower_v4.wad

Changes in tower_v4.wad:

- Added slopes to top of the doors in the starting building.
- Made the floors of the secrets in the final arena recessed instead of raised.

rileymartin said:

Sneaking in a final update for my map.

Well, since this thread is going so fast, nobody will notice the real final update to my map! Very minor changes in the early area.

Changelog:
-The fireblu texture has empowered closet Revenants with the powers of teleportation. Who knows where they'll end up now?!

StormCatcher.77 said:

I stopped working on my previous map so obviously do not have time to finish it. The concept has changed a lot ... For the sake of participation in the project, I tried to make a small and abstract map in gothic\marble style.

This map breaks pretty easily. Apparently if I grab the first YK before triggering the small trap with a caco and couple of souls and maybe something else that is supposed to warp in, the barrier that is supposed to be removed right before the arena fight isn't removed. And that's easy to do because the trap isn't triggered unless you cross it in one specific way. And at that point running over where the YK was doesn't work.

Or that's what I think is happening. I don't really understand everything that's going on in the map so it might be something else, but I killed everything and triggered everything up to that point and am not jumping over things I'm not supposed to ... and it works sometimes and fails sometimes.

Just my luck, the same day that I upload a new version of my map, I find another problem to fix.

Download: tower_v5.wad

Changes in tower_v5.wad:

- Fixed a problem where you could stand near the edge of the island in certain
spots and see stuff weirdly disappearing. It was caused by the line-horizon
hugging the coastline in places where the island is concave.

rdwpa said:

This map breaks pretty easily...

I tried to issue different situation but was unable to achieve this. The barrier in front of the arena is always disappears when the player pick up the first skull key. A trigger is activated at the touch of a key. It does not perform any other actions and can not be canceled or blocked by another trigger ... Although I am not very competent scripter and possibly missing something ...