Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ranhcase

Spawning Monsters

Is there a way to spawn/teleport a monster into a room after a line is crossed by the player? Preferably without ACS sripting?

It can be done in vanilla Doom, too. Look at Doom MAP16 for an example, and it was done in the original Doom, too.

scifista42 said:

Yes, with Thing_Spawn.

Excuse me but i couldn't understand very well how this work, although i managed to find the Spawn Thing action(135), i don't know what to do after(like, how to set the MapSpot and etc):/

illuknisaa said:

There is this thing called "mapspot". You just place it somewhere in the map and give it the same id you used with thing_spawn.

Thanks!
Just one more question(i guess), i want this linedef to have a blue keycard lock, and it has, but i don't wan't it to display any message if the player doesn' have the keycard, is there any way to not display this message?

Sorry for little offtop.
Back in 2011, when I've been amateur in mapping, I also planned creating maps in ZDoom format. Then I realize that is bad idea and started with original vanilla doom format and limit removing.

If you not frequently use exclusive ZDoom features, so there is no need using that format.

riderr3 said:

Sorry for little offtop.
Back in 2011, when I've been amateur in mapping, I also planned creating maps in ZDoom format. Then I realize that is bad idea and started with original vanilla doom format and limit removing.

If you not frequently use exclusive ZDoom features, so there is no need using that format.

Yeah, that is true, but i use it 'cause, if i need to use one of these features, i don't have to change the map format and redo all the actions.

But i might change my mind!!! Nope :)

RanhDoomer said:

Thanks!
Just one more question(i guess), i want this linedef to have a blue keycard lock, and it has, but i don't wan't it to display any message if the player doesn' have the keycard, is there any way to not display this message?

I would actually prefer a way to make any linedef action with a lock to not display any message, 'cause i need to make some backtracking for my maps ^_^