Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Doom Builder 2 and GZDoom Builder both stopped working.

I suppose I should post this on the ZDoom forums, but I thought I'd try here first to see if anyone has experienced this.

My problem is that both my Doom editors have stopped working simultaneously. After editing for a minute or so (creating sectors, basic stuff - no specific action triggers this), the program simply ceases to work, with a windows error message of:

"GZDoom Builder has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I've tried reinstalling the editors and I don't hold much hope for the good people maintaining the GZDoom Builder errors thread being able to reproduce this.

Help?

I used to have BSODs with GZDB about 5 months ago, but now they seem to have... disappeared. And have you tried stuff like an anti-virus scan (just suggesting!), perhaps killing off memory-hogging programs?

bzzrak said:

I used to have BSODs with GZDB about 5 months ago, but now they seem to have... disappeared. And have you tried stuff like an anti-virus scan (just suggesting!), perhaps killing off memory-hogging programs?

Yeah, I've done a full scan and all. No other programs running. Considering reformatting. :-/

The problem is most likely a recent .NET update, so I doubt reformatting will help, though you could try rolling back an update or two. If you have any error logs, post them in the GZDB development thread and hope for the best.

GreyGhost said:

The problem is most likely a recent .NET update, so I doubt reformatting will help, though you could try rolling back an update or two. If you have any error logs, post them in the GZDB development thread and hope for the best.

No, even though the dialogue left me an option to "debug", nothing happened when I clicked it. So... no info or anything for the GZDB people to set their teeth into.

I ended up resetting my OS, and its working again now. I think maybe the .NET stuff got removed that way? It sure looked like Doom Builder 2 added them afresh when I reinstalled it...

Hell, I don't know. But its working again now. Just gotta reinstall all mah stuff.