Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massivefanofdoom

Should I restart my Doom2 UV campaign?

I am on level 11 atm (I think the first real Earth level), and nevermind I already had a massively hard time making Refueling Base with low ammo, but now I started the level with just some shotgun shells and a few rockets I think. Is it a good idea to try grind it out or just restart the campaign and be a bit more judicious with my ammo use now that I know what is best for each monster, got more experience with getting them infighting and also when to use the BFG and so on?

Voros said:

Its just a game. Enjoy it the way you like it.

Well ... yes, of course. Thankyou :)

To rephrase .... redoing the first 10 levels is a pain, am i doing a huge mistake in carrying forward like this or do I really have to bite the bullet and start over again?

it's possible to recover from a bad ammo situation on map 11 - there are lots of ammo boxes plus a plasma gun past the arachnotrons & trees area, and a secret opens up later full of rocket crates! good luck!

yakfak said:

it's possible to recover from a bad ammo situation on map 11 - there are lots of ammo boxes plus a plasma gun past the arachnotrons & trees area, and a secret opens up later full of rocket crates! good luck!

I see, that is good news. I had gotten to level 11 after a long playthrough and I died in the tight crates room, so after that I Was mentally exhausted and didn't have the motivation to continue this weekend. I remember ammo being a massive problem then, but this gives me hope and some good tips. Thankyou very much!

TBH, one of things I enjoy about Doom are the scenarios that you get yourself in. You never know exactly what could happen in the end. Ammo will drop in one map, than becomes fully stocked in another map. Low health in this map, and than suddenly you got the soulsphere/megasphere in another map. Its always shifting from desperate shooting to upright slaughter.

Just go with it see where it leads you.

Voros said:

TBH, one of things I enjoy about Doom are the scenarios that you get yourself in. You never know exactly what could happen in the end. Ammo will drop in one map, than becomes fully stocked in another map. Low health in this map, and than suddenly you got the soulsphere/megasphere in another map. Its always shifting from desperate shooting to upright slaughter.

Just go with it see where it leads you.

Yeah I like it a bit too tbh (what you described exactly), but at the same time I don't like getting stuck on a level for too long then. Like what happened to me on refueling base. Maybe I should have 10 save points for each level lol.

Worse thing is obviously the number and quality of opposition increases exponentially and compounds itself per every 2-3 levels. So my gameplay quality has to increase with it too now! haha

Actually, I think this map is one of the hardest if not the hardest. you don't have to start over - there is untagged secret right at the start of the map and also the real one shortly after it. just try to loork more.

ABRACADABRA said:

Actually, I think this map is one of the hardest if not the hardest. you don't have to start over - there is untagged secret right at the start of the map and also the real one shortly after it. just try to loork more.

even better news, this is great! Cant wait to get home and try it again

All the maps should be beatable from a pistol start and are designed to have enough ammo even if you go in with no weapons. No need to restart IMO.

rileymartin said:

All the maps should be beatable from a pistol start and are designed to have enough ammo even if you go in with no weapons. No need to restart IMO.

Oh i see, i thought that was only for the 'gurus'. Silly me. Ty for your input, kind sir.

If you're new to the game I'd suggest playing on a lower difficulty until you get familiarized with the layouts then bump it up.

bzzrak said:

We all know the right way out of such situations.

Spoiler

iddqd
idfa

NEVER!!!!!

OMG guys. I feel so stupid telling you this, but its level 12 not 11. The factory. My bad. Sorry!!!!