Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Create new revenant variants.

Everyone loves revenants! Imagine the Doom bestiary populated exclusively with revenants and revenant variants. What would it contain?

Revebat 30 HP

Attack: Bite (melee), 1r8 damage, 5 tic delay, refire.

The revebat seeks its target very rapidly and bites continuously. At 31.5 average damage per second, it's a serious threat. Often found in swarms.

Fatenant 600 HP

Attack: Belly Boing (melee), 7r8 damage, pushes the player back 512 map units at a very rapid rate. Homing mancubus fireballs (ranged), 8x8 damage.

What happens when a revenant eats one too many caramelized former human trooper heads? It gets a big old gut, that's what. The fatenant is a nightmare at range, but potentially really useful for speedrunning tricks up close.

Bullhorn Revenant Infinite HP

Attack: none.

This variant has no attack. Upon being alerted, however, it emits a screech equivalent to roughly a million revenants being awoken at the same time, which never ceases and is also at full global volume, like the cyber's noises.

Ravenent - a constantly palette-cycling variant that sets the sector it's standing in to strobe quickly between 256 and 0 light and also injects a constant four-four power kick into the midi music data

Fatenant looks ridiculous, hahahah.

Well, my variant would be:

Roflnant - revenant that constantly laughs.

REVEN(ge-seeking)ANT. An ant that wants REVENGE. Small as hell (5 pixels max height), 10 HP. Bites quickly, moves slowly, but is hard to notice.
Perhaps a REVEN-ANT queen, a-la PE and Lost Soul?

A huge revenant that walks as quick as a regular revenant and shoots regular homing fireballs.

A revenant with a homing pistol.

"Best-buddies" Revenant

He's not a fighter, he just wants to hang with his mates, have a good time and generally make everyone cheerful. Face it, you've never seen an imp this happy!

Here's a preemptive "Happy Halloween!" for you all.

for what it's worth, that's the Revenant sprite straight from the game, no manipulation to the face was done at all (link). I only added shadows to the armor to make it seem like the imp's really there.

The imp on the other hand, yeah, I made him grin and removed the anger from his eyes.

I love Revenants, as for variants, Ragenant, a Revenant with 2x melee dmg and faster homing rockets, also this variant isn't so nice as the Revenant, plus is much more agitated.

How about a map that is a fortress for an undead faction? Revenant workers which are tweaked with special equipment wander around, designed to build new revenants to serve any purpose. Revenant collectors go out into the demon battlefields to collect demon bones to build into new Revenants, and any living creature is "recruited" to the undead faction. Eventually you come across the reanimator, an arch-vile ish skeletal monster. You fight them in some epic boss battle, with them calling in tons of various forms of demons which when killed, they can reanimate into revenants

Dragonfly said:

"Best-buddies" Revenant

https://i.gyazo.com/b4c17e74c35c15fad872c675728eb988.png

He's not a fighter, he just wants to hang with his mates, have a good time and generally make everyone cheerful. Face it, you've never seen an imp this happy!

Here's a preemptive "Happy Halloween!" for you all.

I am, in all likelihood, going to steal that going to want to use that for Joy of Mapping 3 whenever that happens. Do I have your permish? That's one of the best things I've ever seen.

Gotta admit the revmanc is kinda charmingly grotesque, you have this emaciated character with a horrible bloated belly, that's pretty weird.

This is a cool version of The Revenant I made, inspired by the Titanic film:

Voltcom9 said:

This ugly looking thing is a Shotgunenant.

I badly want this to be a skin with full rotations. Would be on the Doomshack servers in an instant!

EDIT: So far we have a great list of Revenant knockoffs:

• Revebat
  • Fatenant
  • Bullhorn Revenant
  • Ravenent
  • Roflnant
  • Shotgunenant
  • REVEN(ge-seeking)ANT
  • Huge Revenant
  • Pistol Revenant
  • "Best-buddies" Revenant
  • Revenont
  • Not-so-nice Revenant
  • Biker Revenant
  • Pain Revenantal
  • Leonardo Dicaprio
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next, some of these have been hilarious and others are legitimately great enemy ideas. We'll have the monster variety doubled in no time. I can just see Realm667 getting flooded with all these excellent new additions!

A revenant that tries to give you some butt love.

But when he humps you, his boney pelvis deals 12-30 damage. He can only attack you from behind. If you look right at him, he shrieks, blushes, and runs away because he is shy.

When you kill him, he accuses you of not liking nice guys.

The rapenent.

the wevenant, which wises fwom its gwave until stwuck by a wocket. the wocket, as you know, is held in a pocket.

kmxexii said:

the wevenant, which wises fwom its gwave until stwuck by a wocket. the wocket, as you know, is held in a pocket.

Ha, nice.

Imagine a revenant skull, like in the OP, freed from its spinal perch. It scoots all around the level, devouring health, ammo and power ups. It is known as the Roombanent.

Sometimes this community gets weird fixations...must be an echo of that older skeleton thread.