Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RyoAsuka

Dusk - Hexen + Quake + Doom

2 minutes ago, ketmar said:

and that is exatly how much it worth. it doesn't matter how hard devs worked on it, and i wrote about that before.

It turns out nobody gives a crap what you think it's worth, and the devs can put whatever tag they want on that game. If you think they're asking too much: Don't buy it.

4 minutes ago, ketmar said:

you can't beat $0/hour -- that is exactly how much i have from k8VaVoom development. which takes ~12-18 hours/day now

Consider getting an actual job that pays the bills, then you don't need to ask people to sell their products for less cash. And also this is not a competition about who values their time the least. Nobody needs to "beat" you, and it turns out some people have lives to live and families to feed. If that's not the case for you, my bad, but thank fuck you can't force others to throw their time away for nada. If people like you had a say, and believe me I'm grateful that you don't, the game industry would exploit the crap out of game designers even more than already is the case. Enough with the hogwash, start thinking dude.

You're prescribing your own personal value of the game to it as if that is how much it's worth and should be worth and that's not how it works at all. There's nothing objective about that.

Also, forking a source port for a game that you don't actually own the licenses or rights of is not at all the same as creating a game from scratch and then selling it for a set price. Why even bring that up?

6 hours ago, ketmar said:

i absolutely don't care about devs problems (and i know that very well, i am a developer myself, and i know how much work one need to make a decent videogame),

Ah, so we can expect to see your free video game built from the ground up soon, then? Remember to include multiplayer to match value.

10 hours ago, ketmar said:

can i get a discount for shitty visuals? if not, i don't see why i shouldn't judge visuals.

I heard about this cool game with Next Gen graphics called Battlefield: Hardline. it has exactly what you are looking for. Amazing High Poly graphics that wont make your eyes bleed.

6 hours ago, ketmar said:

and that is exatly how much it worth. it doesn't matter how hard devs worked on it, and i wrote about that before.

Because you are the only authority on how much a game is worth? Yeah get over yourself buddy, just because you don't like something does not mean it needs to have a lower price.

if you think it looks crap then good for you i guess.

go buy something else you think is worth your pocket change.

Better, don't spend money at all, as people above mentioned a LOT of times and use it better. But I doubt that this delusional, egotistical person get that. So, don't waste words on him Jazzmaster. And with this, I'm out. A pity that people without common sense are in here...

@ketmarYou have to be one of the most pretentious pricks I have ever seen on this forum.

Dusting off an old source port does not make you some sort of God, saying you spend 12/18 hours working for free means as much as anyone working hard on a hobby project, no one owes you anything and your opinion is only worth the same as everyone else.

Game developers can put whatever price tag they feel is correct for the game, if it's to expensive people won't buy it. Saying peoples work is shit due to budget restrictions (or by design) etc and that people who rip graphics from games for mods do it better is complete nonsense! 

I had more to say, but have lost the will. You are not worth the effort.

pre.jpg.527288b06a3255e2433c803bdbf3e6ea.jpg

Edited by Liberation

@ketmar Personally I am not a fan of Dusk's artstyle either. Art-wise, Ion Maiden blows it out of the water.

But then again, no one is forcing u to buy it. If u dont like it, just ignore it.

I am not impressed by Dusk either, but atleast i am not ranting. If most people really like this game for its price then i see no problem.

@MTrop I didn't fully understand a single sentence what u posted but found it funny nonetheless

3 hours ago, ketmar said:

yay. go on, guys, my ignore list is far from full yet.

I mean its easier to run away like a coward when all you say has no substance...

12 minutes ago, Gordon Grand said:

You have never played the game. It's the gameplay and the retro feel. You need more understanding than just graphic.

I never mentioned anything about the gameplay, I just think it looks like crap or whatever lol, but hey to each their own.

4 minutes ago, ketmar said:

sure. where i can download it for free? oops, i have to pay first? and by the time i finish it, i couldn't refund? nope, go rob someone else.

Wait, so you'd willingly play all 3 episodes and still expect to be able to refund it, despite playing all of it? I find this kind of interesting from a person who expects donations (bitcoins, at that) for a source port he didn't even originally write. Why is it that you expect your work to be paid for but their work must be given out for free?

3 hours ago, ketmar said:

sure. where i can download it for free? oops, i have to pay first? and by the time i finish it, i couldn't refund? nope, go rob someone else.

Hurr Durr

This is hilarious but I think this thread could use a scrub down. This game doesn’t deserve to have it’s thread shat up, especially not with such prattling retarded criticism.

3 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Wait, so you'd willingly play all 3 episodes and still expect to be able to refund it, despite playing all of it? I find this kind of interesting from a person who expects donations (bitcoins, at that) for a source port he didn't even originally write. Why is it that you expect your work to be paid for but their work must be given out for free?

Hold on what?! A few comments earlier Ketmar's line of arguing was like "I do it for free, you can't beat 0$/hour." And now they're expecting donations while other developers still need to fork over their work for 0$ just because of how a game looks on screenshots? Fucking golden lmao.

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

This is hilarious but I think this thread could use a scrub down. This game doesn’t deserve to have it’s thread shat up, especially not with such prattling retarded criticism.

yeah I mean just cease fire we don't need a lot of nasty comments here

4 hours ago, ketmar said:

I was gonna empty quote this to let it sink in but I don't want anyone misunderstanding as if I agree with it

37 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Hold on what?! A few comments earlier Ketmar's line of arguing was like "I do it for free, you can't beat 0$/hour." And now they're expecting donations while other developers still need to fork over their work for 0$ just because of how a game looks on screenshots? Fucking golden lmao.

Indeed that seems to be the case:

932438ac06.png

It's even more egregious that he even outright says "I need money for food", so either ketmar just completely fails to make the connection or he actively thinks nobody else deserves to eat for their work.

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I agree completely. Someone here really shit the bed, and right now this is the only thread for Dusk. The negative comments shouldn't sully people looking around for information on whether or not they should buy it. But it's been sullied.

Dusk is a great game, it's completely worth the money if you like Quake style movement. And it combines elements from Quake, Doom, Blood, Redneck Rampage STALKER for atmosphere, Half-Life. It's just a really damn good game, and well worth the money. I can't wait for Dec 10th.  Just replaying the levels is fun; just like replaying the levels in Doom and Doom 2 are fun. The majority of games that I've bought over the last 15 years, I play them once, if that, and then forget about them.  With Dusk, it's clear that the developers love this fast, run and gun formula. However, if you play on Cero Miedro difficulty on "intruder" difficulty, which is a scythes start, it can get more stressful. They do put enough ammunition and weapons in the levels to complete them from a naked start, but it's hard. And they've acknowledged that the game was tailored to this. 

Long story short: The game is fun, the devs care about maintaining the feel of older games, they put some major love into the game, and it's worth money.

The gameplay is fun. The gameplay is good. The gameplay is god.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Indeed that seems to be the case:

932438ac06.png

It's even more egregious that he even outright says "I need money for food", so either ketmar just completely fails to make the connection or he actively thinks nobody else deserves to eat for their work.

>Asking for money 

6 hours ago, Jello said:

With Dusk, it's clear that the developers love this fast, run and gun formula. However, if you play on Cero Miedro difficulty on "intruder" difficulty, which is a scythes start, it can get more stressful. They do put enough ammunition and weapons in the levels to complete them from a naked start, but it's hard. And they've acknowledged that the game was tailored to this. 

The gameplay is fun. The gameplay is good. The gameplay is god.

As a pistol start fan for some gamewads in Doom, the game balanced for that feel so great to me, like.  I can try to get the levels as individuals or colective of weapons for the long run, and still be fun or fair with that.

Waiting with high hype EP 3. Looks very quake-ish <3