Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimCuttle

GZDoom not running WADs (bad syntax)

A lot of times I try to run certain wads using GZDoom, and it'll give me an error like "Script error, "mapinfo.lmp" line [insert line number here]:
Bad syntax."

It'll run fine in stuff like ZDoom, but ZDoom isn't as good (in my opinion, but that's not what we're here about).

How do I fix this?

ZDoom and GZDoom share the same codebase for everything except the renderer, so errors you get with one you should also get with the other. It's possible your version of GZDoom is much older than your version of ZDoom (or perhaps the other way around but that's less likely) in which case you can make the errors disappear by simply using a more recent version.

Graf Zahl is planning to release a new official build of GZDoom tomorrow by the way.

Gez said:

ZDoom and GZDoom share the same codebase for everything except the renderer, so errors you get with one you should also get with the other. It's possible your version of GZDoom is much older than your version of ZDoom (or perhaps the other way around but that's less likely) in which case you can make the errors disappear by simply using a more recent version.

Graf Zahl is planning to release a new official build of GZDoom tomorrow by the way.

Ah, okie.
Thanks!