Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

24 Hours of Doom: The Second One.

Oh hello Doom community! It is nice to see you and I hope the family is doing well.

My name is TheMionicDonut, and you may remember me from such doom endeavors as the Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions, MasterBowl III, and 24Hours of Doom. I am here once again to raise money for the children and ploink cancer in the face.

As you may recall, I ran a 24 hours of Doom stream last November which, in spite of my piss poor advertising of the event, raised over 500 dollars for a noble cause. Well, I am doing it all over again this year and giving it a little bit of announcement this time around.

Starting at 11 AM local time on November 11th, 2016 (which is like 1 PM Eastern...I'll get more detail once I figure out Arizona and Daylight Savings time) I will be playing classic Doom level sets for 24 hours (with short breaks every couple hours, but 24 hours playtime) and much like last time, I will try to Skype or Discord or somehow chat with people that can keep a conversation.

This is the Donation page
http://www.extra-life.org/participant/24HoursofDoom

By sending money to help children overcome the evilest demon of all: cancer, you can influence the goings on of the 24 hour stream.

Such influences include

-Suggesting mapsets or individual maps.
-playing with various mods.
-Changing my player name
-offering challenges (more on that later)
-making me hit myself with a pie on stream (more on that later)
-suggesting beers I drink or something.

This time around, there will not be a 45 minute pancake hiatus, so it will be all sorts of wall to wall ACTION!

Once again, http://www.extra-life.org/participant/24HoursofDoom is the information page. I am going for a Devilishly ambitious goal of 666 dollars this year, but I will need your help.

Okay thank you and good night.

Godspeed, MionicDonutMan. I will assist you in any way I can.

Discord might be a better option for the old chit-chat given my computer's tendecy to clock out at this late stage of its life. I'll probably split up my visits into either end of the stream to maximize my participation. Good luck!

#CancerPloink #DonutsforDays

I love this.

I will try to get the last few maps of my project Doom II Redux done by their mappers. I can't think of a better way to get it off the ground. All for a good cause.

TraceOfSpades said:

I love this.

I will try to get the last few maps of my project Doom II Redux done by their mappers. I can't think of a better way to get it off the ground. All for a good cause.

ASS, gas, grass, or money to help kids with cancer, Noone rides for free

I am actually trying to get everone involved in ymy project to donate to this. I linked to this thread in my project thread.

TraceOfSpades said:

I am actually trying to get everone involved in ymy project to donate to this. I linked to this thread in my project thread.

Cool beans! Throw a few bucks in and I'll give it a shot

Doot doot!

We have already hit a quarter of the goal.

Thank you to Octavarium, a mysterious donor, and one Paul Thrussell (yes, that one) for donations!

TheMionicDonut said:

and one Paul Thrussell (yes, that one) for donations!

WOW!

Why would you do this on the day Dishonored 2 is being released? :(

I'd probably try to at least tune in otherwise.

One month to go
*Burp*

Can confirm there will be TurboCharged Arcade intermissions between levelsets.

I know I said I am leaving the doom community indefinitely earlier. I probably still am but we will get to that when needed.

That being said, I still plan to do this tomorrow. The show begins in 17 hhours.

You dork. Why dont you just be cool and stay? We like you here :)

TMD is in the final 2 hours and still has a ways to go to reaching his goal. Any support helps and is appreciated, be it donations, sharing the link to his stream, or otherwise.